Chapter 20

Anna's POV.

I sit on the bed in the hotel room. I stare at the floor. My mom sits on her bed, eating yogurt and watching TV.

I sigh. I lean back and cross my arms. Thinking about Jace.

God, he's such a jerk. But I still love him. I don't know why.

It feels like I'm always questioning that.

It's almost 9pm. I sigh. I stand up and grab my phone. "Where are you going?" My mom asks.

"I think I'm gonna go to the pool," I say. I walk to the bathroom, and take out my bikini from my bag. I grab a towel and close the bathroom door.

I change into my black bikini. I throw my hair up into a pony tail. I take off my makeup. I grab the towel and open the door. I walk out, and grab my book, phone, and room key. My mom watches me, and stands up. "Wait! I wanna come!" She says.

I sigh. I lean against the hotel door. She grabs her bikini out of her bag. She goes in the bathroom. "Mom, i'm just gonna go!"

"Okay! See you there!"

I roll my eyes and turn around. I walk out and close the door. I walk down the hall.

I finally arrive at the pool, and unlock the door using my room key. I walk inside. Since it's almost 8, no one is here. The lights shine against the pool water.

I walk to a table and set my things down. I hide my phone under my towel. I grab my book and walk over to the hot tub. I walk in, holding the book above the water. I sit in the corner. I rest my head back, taking a deep breath and letting it go.

The patio doors open. A tall guy with blonde hair walks in with his shirt in his hand and his phone in the other. I look at him. He looks at me. I gulp and look down at my book.

I feel him approach me, so I continue to read.

"Why are you all alone?" He asks, walking down the steps in the hot tub. He smiles. My heart throbs.

ANNA, YOU WHORE. YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND.

"My moms coming," I say.

Wow, childish much?

He smirks. "A pretty girl like you shouldn't be alone. Or with her mom. I'd expect a girl like you to have a boyfriend," He says, sliding over next to me. My eyes widen.

"I do, sorry," I say. He nods. "Where is he?" He asks.

"At home?" I tilt my head.

Or probably robbing a bank.

He looks around. He bites his lip. "Reading, eh? Aren't you quite the nerd," He smiles, tapping the book. I roll my eyes.

"Flirt much?"

He looks at me and smiles. "Does it bother you?"

"Considering I just told you I'm taken yet you're all over me, yes," I say. I stand up and close my book. I start walking up the steps.

"Dang, babe. You got some attitude," He says, grinning.

"God, you are the definition of fuckboy," I say shaking my head. I walk across the floor to my table. The guy stands up. He follows me.

"Maybe I am. Maybe you're just stunning and I happen to like you," He says. I roll my eyes. He grabs my wrist after I set down my book. He spins me around to face him. I look up in his hazel eyes.

"What's your name?"

"None of your business, dick," I yank my wrist.

"Damn!" He shouts. "Leave me the fuck alone," I grunt. I turn back, but he grabs my shoulder and spins me around again. This time, he pulls me close and forces me to kiss him. His lips taste like pizza sauce. He slides his tongue in my mouth. The smell of onions release from his breath.

Gross.

I love pizza, but this ruined it. Fuck, even after Jace has a cigarette it tastes better than this.

The thought of that makes me miss him.

He slides his hands down to my hips. I grab his hands and shove him off. "You disgusting fuck! That was gross and uncalled for!" I shout. "Brush your fucking teeth before you kiss someone like that," I say.

His eyes widen. I look up and see Jace standing outside on the patio. My heart drops.

Great.

The guy walks closer. He looks down at my belly. "Nice piercing, babe," He says.

I roll my eyes. I grab my towel and then my phone, book and room key. My mom walks in the pool. I walk to her. "Turn around. We're going back," I say. I look at Jace. I lick my lips. "What?" My mom asks.

I walk to the door Jace is at. He has a mad look on his face. "Anna, what are you doing?" My mom asks.

I stomp to the door and open it. "I'm sorry," I say, breathing fast.

Jace shakes his head. "I'm not angry at you," He says, looking over my shoulder, at the guy. He pushes past me.

I turn around and look at Jace in his leather jacket. I bite my lip.

Shits about to go down.

Jace walks so fast to the guy, the guy can barely run away. Jace yanks his arm and spins him around. He punches him in the gut. "Touch my girlfriend one more time, buddy! I dare you!" He yells. The guy bends down, holding his gut in pain.

My eyes widen. My mom's eyes widen. She walks closer to me. I feel anxiety run through me. My lips part.

"I didn't know she was your girlfriend, man. I'm sorry," The guy chokes out.

I shake my head. "Doesn't fucking matter! I watched her push you away! You can't keep your hands off a girl? As if the world has enough rapists. You're one of them!" Jace yells. I gulp.

Damn, he's hot when he's angry.

My mom watches Jace punch the guy one more time. I slowly walk up to Jace. "Jace, stop. Please. I appreciate this but please stop," I say, gently touching his shoulder. Jace turns his head. He looks at me. He looks at the guy. The guy stands up straight, but looks like he's in pain.

He pants, and looks at me. He turns around and walks away. He opens the door to the lobby. He walks out. I blink my eyes.

Was that even real?

"Anna, what happened? Who was that?" My mom asks.

"Some guy. I was just sitting over there, and he came in. He was flirting with me and I ended up going back to the table. I refused to kiss him and he ended up forcing me," I say. I turn to Jace. "How much did you see?" I ask.

"From when you pushed him," He says.

"I'm so sorry," I say, walking up to him. I wrap my arms around him. I burry my face into his shoulder. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. He's disgusting and thirsty," He says.

Wrong thing to say around my mom, Jace.

Of course, he hasn't met my mom. For all I know he could assume this is my aunt or something.

I let go. I turn to my mom. "Is this Jace?" She asks.

I nod.

"Um, Jace, meet my mom," I stutter and point. He looks at my mom. He walks up to her and puts his hand out. "Hi!" He says. My mom looks at him, and cracks a smile. She shakes his head. "I'm Rebecca, Anna's mom." Jace nods.

I grab my towel off the table and drape it over my shoulders. "Why did you come here?" I ask. Jace looks at me. "I thought you had to do business?" I say, crossing my arms.

"I can't just let you walk away like that," He says softly. I look at him and feel my heart beat fast. I look down. My mom stands a few feet away, and watches me. I let out a sigh. "Do you want to come with us back to the room?" I ask.

Jace nods. "Sure," He says. I crack a smile.