Chapter 35

Anna's POV.

I walk inside my house. I sigh as I take off my shoes. My stomach hurts, probably the hangover.

I don't exactly look decent, and I'm in the same outfit I wore last night. My hairs a mess, covered by my SnapBack.

I take a breath, and let it out. I walk upstairs to my room. I pass my parents room, and see my dad sitting on the bed. My mom next to him, still asleep. He's reading a book. He looks up as I walk by. His eyes widen. I look at him. He looks back at his book.

I go in my room and find some comfy clothes. I get a pair of maroon leggings, and a black t-shirt. I take off my boots and leave them in my closet.

I turn and walk out of my room, into the bathroom. I close the door and lock it. I strip down from my clothes, and turn on the hot shower. I step into the shower, and let the hot water beat against my body.

Last night was super fun. I don't exactly remember all of it. Maybe just going home with Jace. But according to Jace I looked like I was enjoying myself.

I start to feel sick to my stomach. It has to be the hang over. I scrub down with my loofa and coconut body wash. I grab some shampoo and squirt it in the palm of my hand. I lather it in my wet hair, and rinse it out. I repeat with the conditioner.

Once I'm done, I turn off the shower. I step out onto the rug and grab a towel. I twist my hair up in the towel, then grab another one for drying my body.

I get nauseous. I cover my mouth, and kneel down in front of the towel. I throw up.

I wipe my mouth, and stand up. I quickly wash my hands and face. I brush my teeth. I finish drying off and changing.

I take my hair out of the towel and comb through it. When I'm done, I finally unlock the bathroom door and walk out.

I see my dad cooking breakfast. I walk downstairs. "What's for breakfast?" I ask. He stands at the stovetop, flipping pancakes I breathe in the smell, and automatically get nauseous.

"Pancakes," he says. "How was last night?" He asks.

I look at him. "Um, it was good," I say. My dad nods. "What did you do with Brittaney?"

I gulp.

I said I'm going to Brittaney's, not Jace's house.

"We just watched some movies, made dinner," I say. He nods, continuing to cook the pancakes. "So I called you, you didn't answer?"

"What time?"

"Midnight."

I nod, leaning against the counter. "Oh gosh, I was in bed by then."

or perhaps, fucking Jace.

He smirks. "I'm not a fool, Anna."

My eyes widen. My heart drops. I look at him. I let out a breath. "Dad-"

"We'll talk after supper. Set the table and wake your brother and sister up, breakfast is ready," He says in a disappointed tone.

***

I've been throwing up all day. It's honestly scaring me. The hangover should be over by now.

Now I'm wondering if it was ever a hangover to begin with.

If it was a sign of pregnancy.

I pick up my plate and walk over to the sink, I rinse it off and put it in the dishwasher. I take my cup and silverware and do the same.

"Anna? Living room, please," My dad points. I look at him, then nod. I walk over and sit on the couch. My parents finish up the dishes. Addy and Andrew sit in the living room with me.

I grab my phone off the coffee table. I look at my messages.

Lana: hi!! how ya feeling?

Hayley: hey girl!

Jace: *meme*

I roll my eyes and giggle. I reply to Jace's meme.

Anna: 😂😂😂

I reply to Lana's message, then Hayley's.

Anna: im doing well!

Anna: hey!!!

"Addy, Andrew, please go to another room." My dad asks. Addy and Andrew nod. They walk downstairs to the basement. I sit back on the couch, setting my phone down.

"What's going on?" I ask.

My parents sit across from me. "Anna, we know this won't be taken well. But please, let us talk and then you can," My dad says. I slowly nod, crossing my legs.

"We've decided that for the best, you break up with Jace."

My heart drops. My eyes widen. "No-"

"Anna, please!" My mom says. I look at her with my eyebrows furrowed. I shake my head.

"Anna, you've changed in ways I cannot accept. I don't want to repeat myself in this parenting. I demand you break up with him. We will go get a restraining order tomorrow," my dad says.

Restraining order?

Fuck no.

"May I ask, why?"

"Why what?" My dad asks.

"Why? Why a restraining order? He's that bad of a person?"

My dad shakes his head. "He's not a bad person, Anna. He's a good guy-"

"Then why the fuck can't I be with him!" I yell. I uncross my legs and sit up straight.

"Language!" My mom yells. I roll my eyes.

"We will not tolerate your sneaking out, lying, attitude, trouble, substance abuse, and raunchy clothing. From now on, it's over. Okay? No more parties, no more boyfriends. Your mom will come up to your room to get rid of your outfits. I will be taking your phone," he says. My jaw drops.

Fuck. Off.

"You're taking away everything in my life?"

"You did this yourself, Anna." My mom says. I look at her. "You were on my side, mom. You supported me," I say. She sighs.

"Until you show you are responsible, you won't have these privileges." My dad says. I look at him.

I feel like flicking him off.

I grab my phone and stand up. "You can't run off and cry, Anna. You're sixteen."

"I can't even cry? What even? You guys are so strict it's not even funny," I shake my head. My dad looks at my mom. He reaches for my phone. I look at it, I bite my lip. I hand it to him. My parents look at me. I walk upstairs to my room. I close the door and lock it.

I walk over to my bed. I sit down, looking down.

I can't stand my parents. They give me what I need, I appreciate that. But they can't fucking lay off the rules. They add even more.

The fact that I'm losing my best friend, for no real reason, is unfair to the max.

I tilt my head back. I get nauseous again. I hold my hand on my stomach. "Fuck," I say.

I close my eyes, holding in my tears.

Don't cry, Anna. Don't give them emotion.

I stand up, wiping my eyes and holding my stomach.

What if I'm actually pregnant?

What if Jace goes along with this and I can't see him?

I pace my room, thoughts in my mind giving me a headache. All leading up to tears bursting from my eyes.

------------------------------------------
A/N: hiiiiiii. thanks for 6k reads! that's really cool! I was planning to end this story around chapter 40, but I decided I love it too much and I love Jace and Anna too much so it's gonna keep going!