Chapter 12: Trip To The Hospital

Magsimula sa umpisa

*

Paisley:

I wake up with a beeping machine. I touch my face and felt a breathing mask. Am I having trouble breathing without it or something? Will I be able to breathe properly again? My mind begins playing games with me. The beeping in the machine got faster and I begin looking around in my room. A nurse hurried over to me and tells me to slow down my breathing. I shake my head telling her that I couldn't. I see another person enter and he comes to my side.

"Paisley, slow your breathing, take in air slowly then release," he recommended. I do what I was told and the beeping slowed down again. "Now, I'm your doctor, so I'm going to take this mask off and you'll be perfectly fine." He grabs the top of it and slides it off of me.

"Thank you," I tell him. I" guess I just panicked." I try sitting up, but the side of my back made me a rush of pain attack me and I made a decision not to move.

"Yeah, the bullet broke a rib, but you'll be all good as new in about three months, give or take."

"What! That's too long! I play volleyball!" I explain out.

"Well, for now, you're not, you have to be on bed rest until it heals."

"Where's Mike? Do I have any visitors?" I questioned him. Deep inside me, I wanted someone her.

"You do," my doctor smiled at me. "I'll let them in." He left and returned with Mike and Tanner.

"Paisley," Mike said happily. He came to my bedside and looked me over. "How do you feel?"

"Like I got shot," I play around, but he didn't laugh. "Sorry", I apologized.

I looked over at Tanner, he was just standing behind the doctor like a little boy who was around strangers. He had both hands in his jeans pockets.

"Tanner, come over here," I tell him and he does. He takes my hand in his and gives it a light squeeze. I can see that he's hurting, but I don't know why. Sadness is plastered on his face and I want to know why. "What's wrong?" He doesn't respond.

"Alright, Paisley," my doctor began. "Remember, you have to be on bed rest for a while or else the healing will take longer."

"What about being in a wheelchair?" I pointed out. "I won't be moving."

"Alright, but no extracurricular activities, when school is over you must be in bed," he stated. I nod my head. "I recommend having a helper with you, maybe a friend."

"I'll do it," Tanner finally spoke up. I turn to him, but he was looking straight at my doctor.

"Great," the doctor smiled. "I want to see you in a month or so to see how the healing has been processed alright.

"Of course," Mike responded now. He extended his hand out and the doctor shook it.

"I'll get a nurse to help you discharge Paisley." We all got silent once the doctor was gone. They were both staring at me now. This is more awkward than the time I moved in with them. I cleared my throat and breathed out.

"Are you okay?" Mike questioned me and I nod my head.

"So, can we please talk about what happened?" I ask them.

"I would rather not," Tanner responded it.

"Why not? I have so many questions," I tell them.

"Like what?" Mike asked taking a seat on a chair close to my bed.

"Like, why I was told not to leave the house," I put out.

"Because I told Tanner not to let you since I got the next letter."