♡ i care for you

Start from the beginning

~•~•~•~•~

The next day, it was Takashi's birthday. To be honest, I have grown fond of him ever since he decided to pester me about taking me home the first year the Host Club was born. He and I never bothered to talk to each before, but when he decided to blurt out to me "Let me take you home" for the first time right after club hours are over, we formed this kind of. . .friendship, I guess I can describe it as. We don't have the same class — him being in always the elite Class A while I in second place Class B — but he somehow made the time to come to me and make "small talk." (By small talk, I mean me telling him to go back to Mitsukuni while he just grunts and gives short replies.)

Two years of that and yeah, I was more fond with him than the rest of the Host Club. It seemed to be obvious to the rest since Mitsukuni would occasionally tell me random facts about Takashi (which is how I found out about his birthday) while the twins tease me about me and Takashi being a "thing" (to which I have no comment about).

Anyway, I was closing up my fairly large apartment with Takashi's present tucked under my arm. I was about to go to Takashi's home to deliver his present when my neighbors started shouting.

"Two limousines!"

"Rich people are here!"

"Rich people, rich people!"

This scene seems familiar. . . I trailed as I looked over the railing to see that, indeed, there were two sleek limousines pulling up in front of my apartment complex, my neighbors surrounding them in awe. My brows immediately knitted together in annoyance. Dammit, how did they find me?

My expression never went away as the Host Club came out of the limousines one by one. Kill me now. Even Haruhi was here, and she looked as annoyed as I am. The stupid blonde was the first to see me.

"(F/n)-senpai! We finally found where you live!" he exclaimed in excitement.

I didn't respond and turned back to my apartment to come back in. They probably know which apartment is mine, too, so I don't bother to wait for them to even come up the stairs.

~•~•~•~•~

"Go on with your questions," was the first thing I said to them once my club was settled around my dining table.

Unlike most apartments, mine was furnished to be similar to an American apartment so we were all seated in wooden chairs with a basket of fruit as the centerpiece on the table. And even if Tamaki greeted me with joviality, they all stared at me seriously.

"Why do you live in a commoner's home when your family is well off?" the twins asked right off the bat.

I heaved a long sigh. "I hate my new stepfather, so I demanded my mother to have me live in a apartment because I did not want to be under same roof as that man." My heart skipped a beat when I heard Takashi click his tongue in disappointment.

"Convincing lie, (F/n)-senpai," Kyoya smirked, "but I've already talked to your mother and she said that she has been married to your stepfather for five years now, and that you and him have a decent relationship with each other."

I felt my temper flare. That Ootori had the decency to talk to my mother, that nosy weasel. "Well, you should know already why I live here if you talked to my mother already," I growled, much to the surprise of Haruhi. She is the only one who hasn't seen this side of me yet.