Chapter 51: A Visit from Renji! Hitsuguya Howls!

Kuroki's pov

"Toshi," I whispered, as I stood frozen in front of him. "I'm glad to see you're doing alright. For me, I've been better." He rubbed the back of his head and tears formed in my eyes. "Why did to you come here?" Ichigo said defensively, and I put a hand on his shoulder. He looked back at me and relaxed, seeing that it was me. "I'm glad to see you are alright." I walked forward, wrapping my arms around Toshihiro. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt his warmth.

"I missed you Kuro," I felt a tear roll down my cheek, "Wait, are you crying?" He sounded concern, and pulled away from me. "You're crying," He said, "I'm not crying. I'm just really glad you are okay." I launched myself at him, which surprised him. I could hear Rei and Yukio laughing, from behind me. But I ignored them and I buried my face into his chest, "I'm so glad, you are okay." I said with a smile. "So how's it going, Yoruichi?" He waved his hand to her, as she jumped down from her rock. "It's nice to see you, Toshihiro." She walked forwards, towards us.

"What are you doing here? I would have figured Byakuya would have you doing paperwork." She crossed her arms, walking over to us. "Well, not really. After my fight with Kuroki here, he placed both Renji and I in a cell. We broke out and Renji went to go find Byakuya." Toshihiro put his hand on my shoulder. "Well in that case, why don't you come and relax with us? Kuroki and Ichigo have just finished their first day in training." Yoruichi asked, "I told you guys not to call me that." I grumbled, making Yukio and Rei chuckle. "I don't really mind. What are they training for?" We all went to sit down.

"We're training to get bankai. Especially since Ichigo here, has to fight with Byakuya. I was training to get it so I could help him in his battle. But he might not need my help, if he does then I'll just have to take over being the older twin for a while." I shoved Ichigo's arm lightly and he smiled at me. "So Toshihiro, why did you and Renji break out?" Ichigo asked, "Well, Renji realized you both were right about Rukia. He's planning to do something, but I'm not sure what he's planning to do." He said, as he looked at me.

"Well, then why did you break out?" Rei asked, "Yeah, why did you?" Yukio asked and I got excited. "Yay!!! You spoke more!" I gave Rei a big hug and rubbed our faces together, making Yukio laugh. Rei didn't react, but he looked like he wanted to laugh and I let go of him. "You are such a silly girl." Ichigo placed his hand on the top of my head and rubbed it. "Hey!" I yelled at him, and the others started laughing. "Stop laughing at me!" I yelled at them, but they continued to laugh at me.

Two hours later....

I was sitting on a boulder near the hot spring, thinking about what will happen when we have to fight Byakuya. "Couldn't sleep?" I didn't have to look behind me, to know it was Ichigo. "Yeah, how did you know?" I looked up at him, as he walked forward and took his spot next to me. "Let's just call it a twin's intuition." He said, making me shake my head.

"Ichigo, what happens if we can't save Rukia?" I asked, "What are you talking about? What's gotten into you?" He asked me, with a look of concern. "I'm just shaken up okay. It's scary here, I don't know what's going to be around the corner. With the captain's roaming around and able to unleash their zanpakuto's at any moment. Who knows how much power they hold?" I said, causing Ichigo to place his hands over mine.

"Look at me, I know you. I know it's scary here. Come here." I scooted closer to him, wrapping my arms around him. "Ichigo," I trailed off, "I know... I know you hate being open like this." He said, he knows I don't like being open about my feelings when I'm scared. "No, I was going to say thank you." I laid my head on his chest, listening to his heart. "Thanks for what?" He looked down at me, making me look up up at him. "For being here for me. You know, you are the best twin brother a girl could ask for." He smiled down at me. "Come on, we gotta get some rest." I nodded and he pulled me up. Toshihiro left a little while ago, because he had to check on something.