Chapter 137: The Kurosaki Twins and Chad vs Kariya!!

Kuroki's pov

"Kuro, are you sure that you can handle this fight? The last time you were in a big battle, you ended up in the hospital." Ichigo quirked an eyebrow at me, he looked concerned and very skeptical about me fighting again. "Ichigo, I told you, I'm fine. I can fight." I reiterated. Ichigo could only sigh in response. He knew that now since I could actually fight, I wouldn't sit on the sidelines and let him fight Kariya with just Chad. Sure, Chad is strong, I've seen him fight but Kariya is on a different level from the three of us. "Where's Rui? And Rukia?" He asked, changing the subject. "Back at the hospital... Rui and Ishihara went down to the cafeteria to eat while Rukia stayed behind to talk to me. She gave me a new shihaksho since my other one was far beyond repair. She's the one who told me to come." I explained, Ichigo and Chad looked confused for a moment as they processed what I told them. "She let you go just like that?" Ichigo questioned, "Yeah, she knew I wasn't going to let you take on Kariya without back-up even if you have Chad with you. You two are going to need all the help you can get." I crossed my arms, "You aren't wrong about that. Kariya is very strong and I doubt that just the two of us could defeat him." The building shakes heavily and I can tell that Kariya might be close to finding what he was looking for. The three of us follow after the residual reiatsu that we felt coming from Kariya, finding him in a room. Ichigo immediately summoned his bankai, hoping that it would be enough to take him down. I stayed in shikai, waiting for the right moment to go all out against Kariya. Kariya looks back at the three of us and grins as Ichigo and Chad charge at him, I decide to attack from the shadows. It was the best way to catch him off guard while he dealt with Ichigo and Chad, Kariya leaps away when Ichigo slashes at him from behind. Ichigo quickly follows him into the air, Kariya summons wind around his hands to block Ichigo's strike while Chad fires an energy blast at him from the ground. Kariya separates from him to evade the blast and lands on the ground opposite of them, I took this opportunity to attack as I had the opening. I shunpooed behind Kariya, who had his attention on Ichigo and Chad, and quickly swung Yuki down. Kariya turned around quickly dodging my sword, I kicked him in the stomach causing him to slide back. He kept his footing and recovered quite well as I went after him again, this time without Yuki. I landed two punches to his stomach, both of them precisely hitting him. To gain some distance from me, he used his wind to throw me back. I jumped back from them, dodging one to my right but didn't have enough time to dodge the one to my left. "Kuro!" Ichigo called, I was thrown back but luckily Chad acted quickly and caught me before I was thrown into the wall.

"Thanks." I breathed out.

"No problem," Chad said, placing me on my feet.

"I'm not going to let you do what you want," Ichigo exclaimed, Kariya looked at my brother and I could tell that he didn't want to have to deal with my brother. He then turned his head to Chad and I, a smirk plastered on his face and I knew that he was up to something. Chad seemed to notice this too because he throws another energy blast at Kariya, who once again manages to dodge it. He leans to the side and the blast hits the wall behind him, Kariya quickly moves towards the two of us. "Chad, Kuro!!! Behind you!" Ichigo shouted, I quickly turned around and panicked slightly as Kariya appeared behind Chad and I. Chad acted quickly and shoved me out of the way just in time as Kariya lands a harsh punch to his stomach, sending Chad flying across the room and into a wall. "Chad!" I shouted, I sensed movement behind me and shunpoed out of the way as Kariya brought his fist down. Narrowly dodging his punch, I manage to land a kick to his side. I kicked him again but Kariya caught my foot. The two of us locked eyes and he smirked at me, "If you think you'll get away with anything that you have planned, you have another thing coming, Kariya." I said, "Do you think that you'll be able to stop what's coming?" He asked, "I know we will." I stated firmly, "Hado #31 Shakkaho!" I fired a kido spell at his face but he simply moved his head to the side, I growled in annoyance and fired another one. Kariya once again dodged the attack, throwing me across the room. Ichigo quickly went after me, catching me in his arms, and steadied us. "Are you alright?" Ichigo looked down at me, "I'm fine. He caught me off guard." Ichigo looked at Kariya, who was charging at Chad. He unleashes a horizontal cyclone of wind at Chad, who was still recovering from his collision with the wall. Ichigo held onto me and quickly closed the distance between us, Chad and Kariya to protect him. Ichigo places me on my feet, the two of us taking a defensive stance in front of Chad. I unsheathed Yuki, standing firm beside Ichigo.

"What's so amusing?" I asked.

"You two are," Kariya leaps forward and clashes with Ichigo and I, using a disc of wind, generated in front of his forearm. The two of us try to hold him back but his wind is simply just too strong, Kariya fires two wind attacks at the two of us. Ichigo and I split up, Ichigo evading one of the wind attacks while I deflect the other one with Yuki which shocked Kariya. "I cannot let you keep defeating me," Ichigo fired off a Getsuga Tenho at Kariya, who counters his attack with another wind attack. The two attacks collide and explode in a burst of force ripped through the room, sending Ririn, Chad and I flying back. I hit the wall behind me, shielding my face as debris flew through the air. When the air settled, I looked down to find a huge hole in the ground which was a result of the two attacks colliding.

"Kuro! Chad! Are you alright?" Ichigo called, "Yeah!" Chad answered, "Kuro?!" Ichigo called again, I could hear the concern in his voice. "I'm alright!" I pushed myself off the wall, my feet landing on the ground just a few inches away from the large pit. I looked around the room, spotting Ichigo standing across from me, he was on the other side of the large pit. "What the hell is this thing?" I shouted to Ichigo, "I don't know!" He shouted back, I looked around for Kariya and noticed that he was looking down into the pit. It seemed that the symbol in red must have been what he was looking for, I watched as Kariya stomped on the floor near the edge of the pit, causing a large portion of it to break off from the rest and fall into the pit with him still standing on it. Ichigo and I looked at one another, "We're following him." I nodded, the two of us jumping down onto the edge of the pit with Chad joining us. Just as I land on my feet beside Ichigo, the chunk of floor that Ichigo was standing on collapses on top of the large symbol on the floor. Kariya removes his coat, revealing another symbol which I could only guess was his crest. I'm going to have to ask Rui about this, maybe he knows something about it. "This is what I have been looking for." He proclaimed, I could tell that something bigger was about to take place. Before we could do anything, Kariya put his hands together with his index fingers pointing out and he starts to recite some sort of incantation. This causes the large symbol on the floor to start glowing, "I don't have a good feeling about that thing," I said, as a bright light bursts out of the room and briefly lights up the surrounding area. The three of us shield our eyes from the light and once it fades, we look back over the edge.

"What did you just do?!" Ichigo questioned, looking down at Kariya. "I have gained ultimate power," Kariya said calmly, Ichigo, Chad and I looking at him in bewilderment. "I've spent eons investigating and researching ancient records. I had Maki track the Jokaisho, which he found was here in the Research and Development Institute." Kariya started explaining, "What is the jokaisho?" I asked him out of curiosity, "The Jokaisho is a crest that can purify and erase everything." Kariya stated. I balled my free hand into a fist and gripped Yuki's handle tightly as bad thoughts started to run through my head, it was very much obvious that he was planning to use this crest. "This pit is where the experiments to create Bounts took place. The energy created by the accident was sealed in the Jokaisho." Kariya said, "Now, I've become one with this energy. I can blow away the entire Seireitei at any time I wish by releasing the energy of the Jokaisho." He smirked.

"That's not possible." Ichigo denied.

"Ichigo, I think it is possible," I muttered.

"It doesn't matter to me what anyone else believes." Kariya retorted. "The look in his eyes suggests that he's being serious." Noba informed, "I didn't think he was joking when he said that." I said, "If you three so much as attack me, I promise you, I will release the energy of the Jokaisho." I gritted my teeth in anger, knowing that it was better to avoid testing him. "Go tell the residents of this world that I will give them a one-day grace period to wait in suspense." Kariya suddenly disappears, leaving the three of us behind.

"Damnit, I have to go after him." Ichigo tries to follow him but both Chad and I stop him in his tracks, "Ichigo, we can't go after him. He could follow through with what he said." Chad said, "Chad's right. That look in Kariya's eyes suggested he wouldn't hesitate to follow through with his promise of blowing everything sky high." I sighed, "Then what the hell are we supposed to do?! Just sit around and wait?" Ichigo snapped, "We need to do what he said. We need to let the Head Captain and all of the Captains know what he's planning. And we need to come up with a plan to take him down once and for good before he can use that power." I suggested, Ichigo sighed and sheathed his zanpakuto.

"Alright, let's go then."