Chapter 136: Gearing Up For a Fight! Kuroki is back!

Kuroki's pov

Kuroki's pov

"Rui, what happened to Mitsuo?" I asked, Rui looked at me and sighed. "To be honest with you, I don't really know. None of us really know what happened to him. It seemed after your last fight with him and that big explosion occurred, he disappeared. That explosion might have made a portal open up and possibly sent him back to my realm but I can't be sure. After the whole bount incident is done, Captain Mayuri is going to look into it. He'll help me figure out how to get back home." Rui hooked his fingers through a loop in his pants, "So you really are leaving after this, huh?" I asked, saddened by the idea that Rui was no longer going to be here with us. "Yeah, I have to. I have to be able to go back home and once for all stop Mitsuo. Being here with you all has helped me more than you know. Because I now have much more training and experience with fighting against the bounts than I did while back in my own realm. I can finally put a stop to Jun and her minions and restore peace to the Soul Society and the world of the Living." He unclenched his left fist, looking down at it. "And once we figure out how to open a portal back to my realm.. Maybe we can find a way for me to be able to freely travel between the two realms. Maybe you and Ichigo come to mine one day and meet your counterparts." Rui smiled, his purple eyes meeting mine.

"Yeah, maybe."

Rui and I were interrupted when Ishihara and Rukia woke up, "Kuro!! Oh thank god, you're okay!!" Ishihara wailed, pulling me into a bear hug. I wasn't bothered by his antics like usual since I understood that he was very frantic about the whole ordeal, after all, he was the one to figure out something was wrong with me. "You really gave us a scare for a moment, Kuro. We got lucky that Ishihara noticed that something was wrong when he did or who knows what would have happened." Rui said, I patted Ishihara on the back as he continued wailing. "You really did scare us, Kuro. I thought you were gonna die. You can't leave me, Kuro!!" Ishihara wailed, "Ishi, I'm not going to leave you any time soon. It's okay." I continued patting his back, comforting my best friend. It seems that whatever happened while I was asleep really did scare Ishihara to the point where he was panicking, I looked up at Rui who sweatdropped at Ishihara's sobbing form. "I'm just glad that it's all over and done. The Doctors did everything they could to help you. And thank god for Dr. Kanao, she was the one to figure out what exactly was wrong with you and save you." Rukia explained, "Please don't scare me like that again, Kuro. I don't know what I would do without you in my life. You can't leave me." Ishihara wailed, "Ishihara, I already said that I'm not going anywhere. Calm down before you work yourself up too much and possibly pass out." I scolded him, his cries down eventually and I could tell that things outside were heating up. Rukia looked at me like she wanted to say something but not in front of the boys, Rui noticed Rukia's facial expression and quickly thought of something to do. "You know.. I think we should Kuro and Rukia some time alone to talk. Let's go to the cafeteria to eat, we haven't eaten in hours." Rui dragged Ishihara by the back of his shirt, leading him out of my hospital room. Rukia and I both sweatdropped watching Rui drag Ishihara away, all the while my best friend was screaming and struggling to come back into the room. The door slid closed behind them and the two of us giggled, still listening to Ishihara's screams echo throughout the hallway.