Chapter XXVIII

3rd POV

As the burial went on, Aquila felt like her whole body was drained to the fullest. Hashirama gave his condolences to the ones who cherished the happy woman.

'Please say hi to Izuna for me Ramiko-san' a mere grin formed at the edge of her lips.

"At least you're with me," Aquila chuckled as she hugged Madara tightly; his gloved hand caressing her delicate crimson hair. He smiled into her embrace... why yes he didn't want to lose her as much as to what happened to Ramiko. The mere thought made him hold her close.

He still wondered who he killed the other day. The Uchiha shrine was destroyed in the process but his words still echoed in his mind.

"I can't let you do that, the Uchiha must full fill my plan,"

'But what plans?' He still wondered carelessly.

Madara couldn't pin down what he meant but it was over. He couldn't even look back at the Uchiha tablet and figure out what the last passage meant.

Aquila went back to the compound alongside with Madara and sat on their bed hugging her knees to her chest as if she were terrified. "I will rather be alone..." she whimpered and he grimaced while obeying what she wished for.

There she was alone in the dark. Nothing to interfere here thoughts. Even Aiko didn't dare to.

Hashirama's POV

"Will she be alright?!" I asked my best friend of twelve years. "She'll move on within time..." Madara looked down, he too missed the rambling blue headed girl.

"Ramiko... say what was she to you?" I placed my hand on his shoulder making him look at me. "She was just a mere girl, she didn't have much of a meaning towards myself." He replied and turned his head away from me and back towards the village scenery.

We stood up on the rocks gazing over the village like we used to. "Your brother and what of her name-"

"Ahh! Yes, Akane-chan! She came here over a month ago for herbs to heal her father. My wife Mito helped her in need to heal him. Considering he's the daimyo of this land. She wouldn't stop running into Tobirama." I couldn't help but laugh. Madara shook his head at me, "the village seems so... peaceful tonight." Madara's words were low as if he were feeling dispassionate.

I nodded without contradicting Madara since he was right. The village is peacefully and intentionally will stay like that.

"I got work to catch up on, say we should all get together one night!" I chimed making Madara sweat drop almost. "Uh - umm yeah I guess, I'll inform Aquila whenever she is calm. Hn," Madara smirked but soon dropped as he shook his head like he was aggravated with something. "I have to head back as well," with that he left.

Weird guy... just like he always was.

Aquila's POV

I had left the Uchiha composite and almost ran into someone clearing my vertiginous mind. "Aquila-san,"

I piped my head up to see Uchiha Kurosawa. I slightly curtsy with respect. "My apologies I didn't see you." I sighed feeling displeased. "No need, you look famished, I am just being nice if you would care to join me for some onigiri. I am just heading down to the shop." he offered making my head spin all over the place. He was right, I was hungry, I haven't eaten anything in the past two days since Ramiko's death.