Chapter XIII

3rd Person POV

She stood there shocked and felt very flustered. Aquila didn't expect him to do what he just did momentarily. "You–what?" She asked astonished as it seems. Does he actually care? That thought stayed pure as ice in her mind.

He just ignored her as she felt very peritonitis. Her abdomen was in a fury of twisted knots. He only huffed then frowned as it seems.

Just moments ago she could have sworn it felt like he swept her off her feet briskly and took Aquila by surprise. But now he seems different... it seems like Aquila's soul was caught on fire and was wanting more for some reason. Why did she feel like this? Her stomach was fluttering all around rapidly as if thousands of senbon needles were released inside of her.

Aquila couldn't take it any longer. She had to get out. But why? Why all of the sudden push away someone who now openly admitted that cares...?

Madara's POV

It was so unexpected of me to swoon her off her feet. I blinked once with what just happened. I couldn't take it any longer with my feelings, even if I don't understand what this feeling means.

"Uh... I-we can't," she stuttered softly her voice sounding so delicate. "It's really late, but you are supposed to be meeting your future wife tomorrow-" I placed my hands on her shoulders. She was breathless for a few seconds and moved away from my hold inconceivably.

Tremulously she gritted her teeth lightly. Guilt rushed over me so suddenly.

"Aquila-"

She bolted in the opposite direction from me. Great, now she hates me. I growled indignantly feeling ashamed for all I've done.

I walked back in silence which is more of what I needed at this moment. I couldn't stop thinking that I had kissed her so suddenly then and there. It was like an impulse reaction I couldn't control.

"Nii-san!" I turned my head backwards faintly seeing Izuna rushing towards me fierceful on his feet.

"Izuna...?" I muttered seeing as he was smiling genuinely at me or more likely grimacing. "What are you doing up? The Nikko clan is arriving tomorrow and I don't want to explain to them in case you 'accidentally' sleep in if they come early." Izuna stepped aside as he shook his head full of diminutive thoughts.

"I don't want to marry outside of the clan Izuna. Hell, I don't want to be wedded off or married at all. There must be a reason our father wanted me to be wedded off to another clan. Izuna, you know he despised other clans who may pose as a threat or any leaders who could have blackmailed my father..." Trailing off, I didn't notice Izuna's glare soften as a light chuckle escaped his lips.

"Well, you're having second thoughts about this obviously. Is it a certain somebody or possibly a female you have grown attached to?" he smirked deviously at his statement; making me very agitated every second I stand here.

"I'm done speaking to you. See you in the morning... depends if I wake up," I said in a distraught tone. I decided to maintain control of my mental deranged side at least.

Aquila's POV

As I laid in bed for hours; the sun dancing in my room indicating morning arrived. I couldn't sleep much last night.

Lazily getting out of bed languidly. I rather not think about what I've experienced last night. My head pounded constantly. I felt wet stains from my pink tinted cheeks. Was I crying as well? Images of Madara continuously pop up in my head. Why am I thinking about him?

As I took a nice stimulating shower; the water ran freely down my skin with a cool sensation. I changed into a pure white Kimono as the snow: black outlines that embossed the silky fabric I wore, the clear sleeves came down to the tips of my fingers and a black obi that tied around my slim waist.