Chapter XI

Madara's POV

"Madara-sama!" one guard shouted barging into my newly office that used to belong to my father; interrupting the paperwork I was given unpleasantly by the clan elders. I quirked an eyebrow waiting for him to speak.

"Oh.. well, Aquila-san has returned safely Madara-sama." he stuttered tremulous shaking or almost convulsing rapidly. Hmm... I wonder how he is a ninja if he is this afraid of me? That just gave me a weird dominant feeling that people are extremely submissive in this clan.

"So she is back then?" I asked irritatedly as he nodded frantically faking a smile. I sighed dismissing him from my presence.

So she is back so suddenly? I stood up placing both my hands behind my back. But something keeps crossing my mind completely; the elders wouldn't stop pushing me around for the past couple of days of all this work my father never completed himself with clan affairs.

And even marriage to bare heirs right away.

They even brought up legible women who are of age. I couldn't help but scoff at their detrimental mentality they carry. Mostly, the fact I've already experienced some of them in bed to delude my own mind at night. I'll make sure these geezers won't force me in this.

My father has made a peace treaty to another clan who has been yearning power for decades. Without my consent, he made an alliance with them only if I marry one of their daughters.

Wasn't it the Nikkō clan? I sighed not feeling congruently of this idea. The elders have been the ones to decide who I shall marry, but they weren't fond that my father chose for me so soon. I clenched my fists into balls gritting my teeth harshly. Something seems completely empty in me. Ever since I was chosen to be the next clan leader and Izuna second in command, most of my freedom has been depleting rapidly. I've been cooped up in this office for almost a week since we have returned from the war.

Many upset families were upset for their losses on the battlefield. I had to send my condolences to each and every family letting them know that every soldier fought to their very best and they didn't die in vain.

I left my room to see Aquila, hopefully, her manner changed. Also, respectfully hoping she still doesn't despise me as she used. I don't know how I feel about this at all. She may not even want to see me or even take one glance in my direction. After All, I was the one who suggested that she should be kept safe during the whole war and preparations in the first place.

"Nii-san!"

I turned my head to the side seeing Izuna frowned solemnly. I rolled my eyes crossing my arms waiting for him to speak clearly as to what he wants.

"Oh, did you know Ramiko has been bedridden since she has gotten back. A lot of people are assuming that she has an illness that the doctors of this clan can't analyze what's wrong with her. It's possibly critical and may harm her health condition. I kind of feel worried nii-san..." Izuna was trembling immensely; as if his bones were tremulant. I widen my eyes cluelessly as to what was going on.

Ramiko is ill?

Maybe I should stop in by the infirmary to make sure what I hear is true or not. I rather know now than wait later. She is one of the best medics we have.

Looks like I will greet Aquila back another time.

Aquila's POV

"Huh, what do you mean that Ramiko is terribly ill?!" I shouted spitefully and agitatedly. The guard looked away lamentably; shaking his head. I stormed away towards the infirmary. Every step I took was making my blood spike exceedingly.