Chapter VI

The picture is Ramiko! Yeah, she is around Aquila's age. She's actually 18 years old.
>>>>>>

Aquila's POV

The seasons changed as fall appeared just as the leaves swayed in the frigid wind in the Land of Fire. It has been almost a year since I have encountered Izuna or Madara. I'm finally seventeen years old looking rather different since I've been here. I will be turning eighteen in the upcoming few months. I knew that Madara was probably trying to avoid me. Izuna probably thinks I am some demented lunatic from the incident a while back. And he certainly doesn't talk to me much.

I don't blame him. He wouldn't really talk to me after that incident, also I haven't seen him around much. But his older brother Madara still is troublesome being around with. After many other altercations, I started to avoid him like I was shutting out others as well. I would occasionally see them wander by in the hallways and that's about it. Also, Madara has been organizing his room quite frequently for some reason. Ugh, it's so loud hearing the floor scrape with furniture constantly.

I don't think this is the place for me being here in the Uchiha Stronghold. I feel like I am slowly killing myself from my sorrows. The maids are always being pushy trying to serve the Uchiha heirs while snarling at me for some reason. What the hell did I do?

I left my room slowly pacing around the halls quietly not waking anyone up; due to the fact it is seven in the morning.

I came across Uchiha-sama's quarters when I suddenly heard Madara's name. They were talking in an important matter more firm and sternly. But why be up at this hour?

"So I have to become the clan leader once you decide to step down?" I heard Madara's voice turn very sternly. I was astounded that Uchiha-sama and Madara would be discussing this now.

"You're constantly sleeping around while you need to prepare for the upcoming battles. Get a hold of yourself, boy. The elders have strongly acceded for you to be the next leader. The Uchiha's need someone more strategic and someone who is flourishing. Izuna isn't appropriate for the position and you already know that. You are the sole Uchiha prodigy of the clan here." Uchiha-sama has spoken strictly as I backed away from the door quietly.

I was hearing so much bullsh*t at once. I was laughing internally. It never strikes me how Madara sleeps too much. I thought he is usually awake around six in the morning. But isn't sleep good for the body? I guess moving dressers and your bed constantly does deprive you from getting sleep.

I can't risk being caught; they'll have me dead for listening in on their conversation. I slowly walked backwards around to find the library, but I am also hoping Minori would somewhat be there.

I pondered in the library and I nearly facepalmed. What a tremendous mess! Minori was passed out sleeping on the couch with mounds of scrolls surrounding him.

I growled underneath my breath rolling my crimson eyes at him. Instead of thinking of ways to wake him I wandered into the history section. I skimmed through the large shelves hoping to find a history book of this clan.

I found something similar as I was looking for; more about the Uchiha's background on politics and such. Without thinking, I grasp the scroll and went over to a nearby table and settled down into the little wooden chair.

I couldn't tell if I am nervous to know about these murderous Uchiha's. I cautiously opened the scroll.

But a hand grasped my wrist from me doing so. I gasped and shot my head to see Minori sensei looking down upon me with indignation showing in his emerald green eyes.