Chapter XVII

3rd person POV

As weeks flew by the wedding was just around the corner. Aquila was starting to train more and more progressing her weaknesses as her strengths grew expeditiously.

All Aquila felt was empty and hurt on the inside. She would occasionally be alone as she fell into her gloomy state watching Ramiko and Gaia get along perfectly as a replacement of herself.

What happened to the promise that Madara gave her? Would he actually find a way out of this?

Aquila would frequently think of places she would travel to. The thought of seeing all of the Shinobi world spun in her mind day after day. She wanted to know what the Sage created and eventually gaze at the world that is in front of her.

She certainly does not want to stay in the Uchiha compound for the rest of her life.

However, most of all, she wanted peace between the Senju and the Uchiha. Even though, she went to see Madara about that; he hated the idea when she mentioned it. Hashirama even wants to stop the fighting as well. Madara only turned his back on her bitterly and coldly when she asked about the peace amendment.

What hurt her the most was when he was starting to lose himself. He may not see it, but almost everyone around him can.

Aquila's heart only sank more and more each passing day. She felt like she was suffocating herself. Her heart would only crumble to pieces the longer she stayed.

Aquila finally made up her mind: leaving her old life in the Uchiha Compound is the only option. Could she leave her old life? She would never forget the memories she once had with this clan.

She was inadequate when it comes to situations like this. She couldn't deal with her life anymore. She wanted to see the world; the world the Sage created long ago. She can't witness the man who she longs to be with marrying another.

This only hurts her more thinking about it. Her mind was on a rampage of thoughts.

"The wedding is in two and a half days thus, I need to be ready until then. Where would I go, to begin with?" she pondered outwardly not knowing what she had said.

Aquila only could do in a short period of time is walk around the courtyard trudging her feet and enjoy the view of the Uchiha gardens that intrigued her eyes.

A small curvy smile found its way onto her lips as she could only picture her and Madara when they were kids; it always brought a sympathetic grin on her luscious lips. She could no longer deny her feelings for him, but in a few days, he will be taken by a woman who deceives men with her own eyes. Not once did she trusted Gaia; she despised her with a burning passion of hers.

Aquila only frowned despondently at the thought, but shook her head and carried forward. She wondered if life was always like this? Death is a natural thing in life? What it felt like losing someone you cared about.

She still holds Aiko most deeply in her heart. But she is losing her faith and sanity staying in the Uchiha ways of life. This only made her think if Takuto is still after her, or does he think she is dead?

"Aquila!"

Hearing her name, she jolted her head up to see two familiar faces: Ramiko and Gaia...

Deciding she would ignore them as usual. Despite how Ramiko tried to drag her out of her room a few weeks back. She promptly refuses to leave her quarters as she wanted to be in peace alone.

"Where have you been?" Ramiko grinned slyly as Aquila 'huffed' at her. Gaia however, just turned her attention away from them.

"Why do you care?" Aquila mumbled at her trying to proceed her way inside the building but only to be stopped by Ramiko grabbing the hem of her kimono.