Chapter XV

Aquila's POV

I couldn't move as my muscles felt stiff and the pain was unbearable. Am I truly dead? What happened?

"Seems like you've survived," Aiko redeemed in my mind. "But shouldn't I be dead? I don't remember anything after what Takuto caused. I blanked out after he pressed one of my pressure points." I asked curiously. Aiko didn't move nor expand his wings.

"All this time my chakra has been feeding off yours; slowly and killing you in the process. You cannot be awakened unless you regained most of your chakra back. You may not awaken again, Aquila-san." Aiko spoke quietly in contemplation as his eyes drooped towards the ground melancholy.

"What do you mean?" My voice almost cracked as my words wavered.

"I mean Aquila, only one of us has to survive for the other to maintain their life..."

Madara's POV

Hours of monotonously looking for Aquila tired me out almost. Nothing but dust and rock beneath this cliff. No lakes were seen other than the river below as the wind slowly drifted by us.

"I can't believe you!" an angry Ramiko stormed up towards me scowling as she profuse with heat. "You let that bastard get away and to top it off my friend could be dead-"

Before she could continue yelling, Izuna had to pull her away as I growled in my mind. She was right, I did let that bastard get away...

My heart feels like it had been hammering in my chest since we started looking for her.

"This is useless."

"Why are we even trying? She wasn't even an Uchiha in the first place."

More and more people started to complain as my jaw clenched so tightly that it felt numb after a while.

"Will you all stop your complaining!" I snapped at them all.

How arrogant of them. This would take a long time to just find her. My hopes are that she is still alive. "Let's head back for now. Dawn is approaching us soon." I quietly grumbled as everyone around started to condescend me for making them stay out here for hours.

....

I still won't believe she is dead until I witness her pale corpse as I said before. Everything around me started to fall back into its place inside me. Nothing feels right as I entered my quarters still stuck in my cloud of thoughts.

"Madara-sama, Kenjiro is still here." One of the maids from outside my door has spoken which made me stay put. Why the actually hell, would this mundane stay for this long?

I forgot that sluggish beast Kenjiro is still here as I started to slowly, but surely, walk out of my quarters feeling very disinterested in everything.

"Ah, so you're back finally." Kenjiro's voice beamed behind me. Of course, I felt someone's familiar chakra...

"I was going to make it a week. However, my daughter is quite upset with your rash decision and you walking out on our meeting. Just think how amazed we would be to finally start our prosperous future." Every word he said made my stomach turn and twist vertiginously. Such greed he longs for. Indeed their pests who act like rodents that leech for comfort and safety.

"I rather have more time, I am very busy for quite a while-"

"But I want an answer soon, just remember that and our deal," he pursued his lips walking past me; head held high.

"Oh, that little-"

I stopped as soon as I felt someone's fair grip on my wrist.

"Um... you're Uchiha Madara am I right?" I whipped my head to only meet the gaze of a woman with silver hair and bright orange orbs.