Chapter VIII

It has been a month after the meeting, I felt bewildered by the fact that everyone else is preparing for this upcoming war. The warriors of this clan are already commencing to set out. Why can't two simple clans get along? Is it that hard to ask?

Within a week the shinobi of this clan would set out to the Land of Swamps which the battle would be held. I would imagine this would turn into some blood bath in the end.

I couldn't imagine all those families who would lose their loved ones. It eats me up on the inside thinking about it. Why couldn't I just help at whatever cost?

Would the Uchiha's plan a campaign against the Senju's and start a vigorous crusade out on the battlefield? Ugh! So many questions swirled in my mind.

I laid on my bed lost in thought not even noticing that it was half-past nine. Luckily there was a curfew. I growled annoyingly and felt grief for even living within the Uchiha Stronghold. Why? Because I lost faith in this cursed world?

I soon drifted off to sleep drowning in my own sorrows as my eyes gave out and let sleep take over me.

>>>

"Aquila! Uchiha-sama wants to have words with you in the meeting room with some elders as well. Something confidential so I wouldn't know." Ramiko sprinted up to me as I was training on how to mould my chakra properly. Unlike others, I can't use my chakra as great to my extent especially for my age.

So basically now Minori isn't training me anymore; his only priority was to train me the basics of chakra nature and swordsmanship.

I nodded contently heading back to the Uchiha residence. I feel like I am falling behind everything I do in training. I am lacking in chakra control tremendously. Might as well become an indomitable shinobi. I frowned despondently wishing I had someone who could help me in my training still.

As I entered back in the manor, I headed straight towards the meeting room that once held the meeting last week about preparing for this upcoming war that is about to break out.

I knocked twice as the door swung open to be greeted by an arrogant Uchiha and a few elders I have never seen before. I gulped in nervousness as the elders raised their eyebrows not pleasingly.

"You needed me?" I looked off to the side avoiding eye contact. He trudged over to my side and placed a hand on my left shoulder.

"I know being here in the Uchiha compound was a big impact on you for so long. When the Uchiha's set out to the battlefield; I want you to travel with these three elders to Mount Kyoko and train how to control that arrogant phoenix. You'll be safe there, nobody can penetrate the borders of Mount Kyoko." Uchiha-sama reassured as panic rushed through me.

What about my home here?

"These elders Kiroko, Hamura, Tsukio are here to escort you to their homeland in Mount Kyoko." The leader introduced me to the three elders; one man and two elderly women held stern looks.

I nodded not liking the idea one bit. However, there is no way I can't convince my way out of this one. "When the time comes, you would return. But you need to be kept a secret and go into hiding." I gaped and clenched my jaw in anger.

I knitted my brows together and clenched my jaw so hard that it ached. "So I have to be the coward and go and hide while you fight in this war? You're risking your lives for me!" I growled glaring intensely as the acrimonious tension in the air changed.

"We're shinobi of the Land of Fire; the ones who risk their lives and die are true shinobi. Still, that is not the point. We're not just protecting you Aquila-chan, we're also defending the lives of our familiar on our part. We can't have you fall into the enemies hand!" He bitterly said with annoyance in his tone.