Chapter I

Aquila || Age 14

Aquila's POV

I was running as fast as I could. Each passing second my breathing was becoming more rapid and hitched. My sides were becoming numb from the soreness I was feeling. This long strange forest felt like it was enclosing all around me.

I felt a strange ominous vibe surrounding me with each step I took. Was there a way out? I pushed mounds of chakra to my feet vigorously. They're after me! I can't be caught, not today at least. These strange elite bandits have the nerve to attack us?! I felt my eyes well up with tears as I stopped in the middle of this dainty forest.

~Flashback~ Third POV

The vibrant eerie sun glow cascaded over the hills. The trees danced in the brisk wind. The Taiyo clan was always a peaceful clan that was isolated and had lived in a secluded area.

The children were mostly seen learning their rightful duties quite young.

Aquila was always an isolated type. Never wanting to be around anyone. She has an anomalous position in her clan as well which also indicated she is an heir.

Black markings embossed distinctively around her eyes that symbolized the Red Phoenix. Little did she know that the nation's old mythical creature known as Aiko; the Firs Hawk was sealed inside her.

The uprising atmosphere intensified and she knew something was not right at that very moment.

She was too young to understand what it's like to love and hate. To feel what's it like to lose someone close to you.

Upheaving roars of men clashing in the distance. The array of her clansmen defending the women and children as they brandish their swords against their opponents.

The enemy wore visible blue outfits and red attire. But all that went through Aquila's mind was asking over and over; why attack an innocent clan? Did we do something wrong?

Then the scenery struck Aquila's mind witnessing blood splattered on the grounds they stood on. Men falling to their knees. The atrocious aroma scent swarming through the air of blood scattering the dry earth.

Aquila was told to go with the other children and women to get away through an underground passage. But somehow, a strange aphonic voice said in her head to not go with them but to just run and never look back from all the calamity and grief that she grazed upon that day.

Someone was speaking to her telepathically, but she didn't know who it was. Even then, she felt light-headed from running for hours and all of this aggravation swooning around her.

~Flashback over~ Aquila's POV

Where am I anyway? My own clan's compound was invaded somehow. But who would ever want to kill off such innocent people like us? We never did anything to them. So why us?

My breathing became more rapid and unstable. I began to walk briskly to where the water stream was, which is just a little further up ahead. I then cradled my injured arm and winced once the infliction made contact with the cold frigid water current. I sighed feeling my eyelids slowly growing tired and heavy. My vision started to fade slowly as my mind felt vertiginous. At any given moment I could pass out unconscious on. What no! I can't pass out in the middle of nowhere! I am losing my consciousness.

I grunted trying to stand on my own two feet but landed in the river roughly. The enemy could finish me off quickly. I could barely move in this shallow water where I am floating like a dead fish. I began to close my eyes and let darkness swoon over my mind.