Chapter XII

3rd POV

"Aquila!" Izuna hollered loudly witnessing the girl sprawled on the ground. Aquila's unconscious body laid on her wooden floor. Her hair was sprawled out in front of her delicate face. Izuna's worried expression turned into a perturbed one.

'I need to go get Nii-san!' Izuna thought loudly as he picked up the poor girl's limp body in his arms.

"I wonder how long she has been passed out for?" Izuna pondered walking out of the door slowly; still holding Aquila in his arms firmly.

"Izuna! What the hell did you do?!" one of the servants started to lecture him about treating women with respect. Izuna started to flare up with anger, but calmly inhaled keeping his rage under control.

"Will you shut up! I found her unconscious this morning when I went to check up on her. I haven't heard from her in days. I need to find my brother fast, and a medic who can help with this situation. This has never happened to her before..." Izuna's voice cracked at the last part as his gaze dropped to Aquila's pale face who looks so peaceful and calm.

"Your brother is out on some scouting mission in the Land of Wind but would be back soon hopefully," the servant said as she turned on her heel walking the opposite direction.

'Damnit' Izuna thought as he clenched his jaw not feeling the pain. He took Aquila to the nearest infirmary which 'did' held Ramiko in.

However, it turns out Ramiko had been severely poisoned without knowing.

Izuna sighed as he pushed through the shoji door strenuously into the medical treatment room where most of the nurses, doctors and high-class medics were.

They all gasped in unison as their gaze landed on Aquila. Izuna didn't say one word as they began to take her out of his hold. Izuna wanted nothing more than to be by her side, but of course, they need to treat her alone.

What happened to Aquila? Izuna wondered as he left the infirmary to only be stopped by Ramiko, who was looking a bit better than before when she was laying in the infirmary.

"Hi," she greeted in a quiet tone. Izuna smiled as his gaze dropped to his hands; shaking slightly as concern was written on his features.

"You haven't seen Aquila anywhere have you?" Ramiko was smiling brighter than the sun at the moment. Izuna didn't want another person to worry and to be frantic about the current situation.

"Well... she doesn't want to be bothered at the moment, she's busy with other things." Izuna scratched the back of his neck praying that she wouldn't ask any more about her and drop it. Most of all, he was glad that Ramiko is back onto her own feet. But sadly Aquila is on the infirmary bed.

"Oh! Then I will see her later then." Ramiko grinned narrowing her eyes, folding her arms as she walks away trudging her feet on the grounds aimlessly.

"Damnit," Izuna cursed himself for letting another person he deeply cared for almost getting involved.

He went back into the infirmary pushing the shoji door open with more vigour as he was growling under his breath.

Aquila's POV

What happened?

Everything around me is pitch black. How long was I gone out for?

"Nearly two days... So it seems that my power has been eating away at you causing your first and foremost blackout." Aiko's voice conveyed as I concentrated more as to what happened. All I remember is getting light headed when I was arguing with Aiko again...

But when did his power take control of me?

I found myself talking to him once again. The light soon radiated from his blazing hot flames in all directions.