Chapter XVIII

Aquila's POV

After jumping from branch to branch I came to a full stop to catch a little air before moving along once again. Let's say I have been travelling to country after country for the past six months.

If the rumours are true that the newfound village has been formed and the treaty has been made by the Senju and the Uchiha, I would need to see this with my own fascinating eyes.

...

The moon was illuminating the forest as the starry sky remained the same. Remembering one of my conversations with Izuna long ago.

The darkest nights produce the brightest stars.

I still wonder how he is doing. How did the Uchihas figure out that I left? Was it even big news? Whatever happened that day it probably didn't matter anyway, as I was so lost in my own dream world.

Madara was the one who told me that I can leave. He shattered every will I had that day. And yet here I was still thinking about him.

Fantasies never turn into reality. I always had a perfect image of what I visualized a perfect clan and a perfect universe would be. Never did I thought I would be the one to end up getting emotionally hurt so badly during my time back in the Uchiha compound.

I lifted my red hood over my head carefully as the clouds started to form. This would be a long night, but tomorrow there is no stopping me.

...

As the grey clouds passed by and wet droplets sprinkled over the Land of Fire, the sun started rising indicating morning was arriving.

I sat up from the tree slump; my body aching from sleeping wrong. I grunted as I pulled myself off of the ground faintly. Must have been sore from running all day yesterday perhaps. But I still feel an ominous feeling in this forest.

The feeling started to overcome me. The forest just somehow enthralled me; this might be sceptical for me to get around here...

I started to sprint fierceful in a random direction. Feeling my heart race intensified me immensely. What is happening to me? My feet started to slowly briskly run through the forest vigorously; shifting in the wind that past by me.

The moment I was starting to see lights and the sun enclosing on me, the bottoms of my feet started to tremor and stop promptly. Before my body crashed to the hard cold ground in front, a spine-tingling scream tore from my throat drastically.

My knees took the most damage from coming in contact with leaves and twigs as my elbows throbbed; making me fear to the bone from that incident. My body was in excruciating pain.

I couldn't bring myself to lift my body off the ground. It feels like something was weighing me down. My arms couldn't even move thoroughly just when my legs felt like they were being inflicted with a thousand needles.

"Did you hear that shrieking noise?" an anonymous man asked someone; hearing their footsteps close in on me. I gasped trying to get my arms to move quickly. All I was able to do was crawl on the dirty unpleasant ground.

"It came this way," the tone in the other man's voice made my heart froze completely. Something I was so used to hear all the time. But my mind was not able to click in who.

I growled thinking who the voice may come from. I started to crawl even faster. But it seems so relentless on my knees. My legs were able to lift slowly to the point where I can finally stand but not so stable.

My nails dug deep into the bark of the tree for support. I shook violently from all the trauma. Why did this have to happen now?

Making sure my cloak was on right before the two mysterious men find me like this.