Chapter XXIV

Third POV

Aquila woke up soundlessly as she felt no presence in the spot next to her.

She frowned thinking he got up early for other importance most likely. So she slowly but surely got out of the warm and comfortable bed that she laid in.

Thinking of the time she spent last night. How his warmth ensured her safety staying with him.

Aquila's bottom lip trembled as she sighed deep in thought; not wanting to leave his chambers. But as she got dressed in her usual attire everyday clothing, the door opened making Aquila's heart panic and letting out a small gasp.

"Awake already?" Madara came in; arms folded already, letting loose strands of black hair fall in front of his face.

Aquila's eyes gleamed for a moment with shock seeing him at the doorway as she nodded.

"I was leaving, thanks for your hospitality again," Aquila spoke softly.

Madara blinked at the woman that bowed in front. She was about to exit the room, but instead, she arose on her toes and pecked Madara's lips with hers.

She flushed bright pink and walked past him. She felt happy to be with him and to think that he felt very affectionate towards her back as well.

Aquila couldn't stop smiling and now she wanted to see Mito and know what is going to happen next.

Walking around aimlessly; she sighed seeing things were turning out hopelessly.

Aquila soon piped up seeing Tobirama walking towards her. A rush of panic overcame her. She grimaced at him as he walked passed her spontaneously not really caring.

This only made Aquila frown.

'So no one wants to see me?' she thought miserably.

"This is a disaster.." Aquila shook her head. "What is?" Someone asked behind her.

"R-Ramiko?!" she stammered up at her. Unthinkably she smiled and let out an exhausting sigh.

Ramiko brushed her hand through her hair. "I think I know what we should do today!" Ramiko excitedly clapped.

"Since I am bored and you're bored I think we should go to the Hot Springs and girl bond!" Ramiko laughed as Aquila stared blankly.

"The... Hot springs?" she asked holding a puzzled expression. Ramiko nodded, still smiling intently.

"I see it as a great thing but isn't the Hot Springs, right outside of the village? Also to say it could be dangerous leaving," Aquila frowned as she said this but Ramiko shook her head.

"We are Shinobi, we can defend ourselves. Besides we will bring a friend," Ramiko chimed making Aquila go pale for a split second. "A friend?"

Ramiko nodded, "yeah Mito-san said she wanted to come," hearing those words Aquila nearly jumped back and was startled. "It is alright Aquila, we won't get ambushed. After all the warm hot springs are just ten minutes outside of the village," Ramiko let out a long drastic sigh.

'I only hope nothing happens... Hashirama would flip if something happened to Mito-san.. or if something were to happen to me.. would Madara-'

"AQUILA!" Ramiko snapped at the pondering redhead out of her train of thoughts and back into reality.

"Fine... we will take this as a good sign so we can catch up on a few things?" Aquila wasn't too bright on the idea at all but Ramiko leapt at her by squeezing her in a tight hug.