Chapter VII

The picture is what Aquila looks like now presently.

>>>>>

I dismissed the guards who were in the cell to just to speak with Hiroko in alone in private. Surprisedly, they actually obliged for once. It's actually fun now that I have some authoritative power.

"One thing I want to ask. Why are you working with the Uchiha's, they killed our clan? Did you betray the Taiyo's and helped them diminish our clan?" Hiroko's voice croaked as his eyes were gleaming from tears that threatened to fall.

"I may not know how to answer that properly. But a lot of evidence had been found where I may not be from that clan. I was an orphaned mist likely found as an infant. You see, I was despised by a lot of the Taiyo's actually, that's why I don't hold as much hatred towards the Uchiha's. When I was abducted nearly quite a while ago, I thought my days were to come to an end. I thought life would hurt more than death once I was taken captive for a while, but things changed Hiroko. I started to train to become stronger and make friends with others unlike the Taiyo's. Since now I'm thinking about it, I wasn't allowed to go out as much. Others wouldn't even take one glimpse at me. I had to desolate that pain and never show it." I whimpered silently and felt tears at the corners of my eyes; wanting nothing more to let them be free and stain my pink cheeks.

He looked up at me shocked and worried written on his face. He rattled the chains hoping to get loose. "I understand your pain Aquila-chan. However, this clan took a lot from me. They killed my fiancé and my father, Aquila. You learned how to move on and forget your past unlike me, I feel like I'm stuck in the past clinging onto it and never forgetting what I had lost and what happened that very day..."

A few tears stained his cheeks as he looked away with shame. I looked down thinking of things of what to say. Knowing the Uchiha's they may not let this poor man live.

"I wish I could help-" I was interrupted when both of the doors opened behind me. Uchiha-sama walked in with a scowling look.

"So you've been working with the Senju's?" Uchiha-sama growled at Hiroko with such arrogance. He grabbed the poor man by the collar of his shirt who whimpered and looked away shutting his eyes.

"Stop he did nothing wrong!" I shouted horrified just as intense animosity filled the atmosphere in the room. I grabbed Uchiha-sama's arm that held Hiroko and pulled away rapidly before anything else would have happened.

"You defend this useless man and defy my orders? You'll be helping the enemy!" Uchiha-sama glowered as his eyes started to circle red and blazed into my soul. Maybe I made the wrong call as to what I did.

"You're wrong Uchiha-sama. He is not an enemy, he is just another survivor just like me. Please! I beg of you just this once to spare Hiroko's life even if it costs my very own." I bowed my head low closing my eyes sharply.

My throat went dry as he scoffed. I looked up as he furrowed his brows intensely. "We found him spying on the Uchiha's within the stronghold. I found out recently this young man was working with their leader Senju Batsuma. I can't risk any more lives now since war is about to break out. Aquila, you think you may know what it is like to lose someone you cherish but you don't. Many of the women here who have families have lost their husbands and children to the enemies. Not only the Senju's but anyone who has betrayed us or has the nerve to go up against us. We won't have a choice to defend our lives and protect those who are innocent such as the women and children in this clan. You should understand by now." Uchiha-sama growled hardening his glare on Hiroko.

"Aquila, leave now. I'll finish my business here with Hiroko." He gripped the handle of his Katana that was held by his waist.

No, he wasn't! He couldn't possibly think about killing him, would he?