Chapter XXI

~Dream~

A roar burst out in resorting to rocks being blasted back and the man before the roaring creature threw his hands over his head, his blade and staff clenched in them still. Lowering his arms, the long-haired man glowered up at the large beast that towered over him dementedly.

"Turn back now, foul beast! You are not welcome in this land! Return from whence you came!" The Sage scowled in despair at the Beast.

The beast seemed to avoid what he coherently said; the beast suddenly began to accelerate swiftly on its feet towards the lone man.

"Father!" The man turned to see his two sons and his wife standing a few feet behind him.

"Stay back!" The man ordered as the ground shook underneath the beast's feet.

The sons moved further back, but his wife refused and jumped up beside her husband. "Saika, get away from here! This beast is dangerous!"

The beast let out another roar and more rocks flooded the air around them. The Sage threw his arms around his wife; shielding her life from the beast.

Saika pulled back and looked up to see the Beast radically disappeared to only look back to see her husband.

"Be quiet! I will not leave you here to deal with this creature alone! If the Sage of Six Paths can deal with it, then so can his wife!" Saika placed her left hand onto his left cheek.

The Sage stared down at the woman in his arms and smiled as he kissed her forehead.
***
The terrain of the lands left a scar as The Beast has grown within its power. It has a much higher aptitude than before.

The Sage fell to his knees, his wife beside him, breathing hard. The beast let out another monstrosity roar, stomping its feet as it stormed towards both of them again as if there was no hope left. The sons wanted to join their parents, but the Sage and Saika had told them to get the villagers safely away from this place.

"We...we're not going to be able to destroy this thing," The Sage gasped strongly onto air. "It...it is too strong. Even for me..." He announced to his wife who stood behind him panting for air.

She looked back up at the large creature clenching onto her jaw. "We might not be able to defeat it, but...but we can seal it." She stated with full determination.

"What?" He looked at her in surprise.

"Seal it, Love. Seal it within me! I am the wife of the Sage of Six Paths! I will be able to withhold the beast until we find a way to destroy it."

"No," The Sage shook his head. "I won't do it!"

"Do it, Love! You're the only one that can seal the creature within me. Do it, or everything else will be destroyed!" She grabbed her husband's face. "I am strong enough to do this. Trust me and do as I say!"

The Sage lowered his head in defeat and nodded contently. Turning to face the creature that loomed over him and his wife again, he began to jutsu that would seal the beast within the woman he loved.
***
He had done it. He had sealed the creature within his wife, but there was something wrong. The ground still rumbled and the rocks still flew in the air. And the power of the beast...it could still be felt...and from the body beside the Sage.

He turned and looked at Saika just in time to dodge out of the way.

Saika body, her eyes now that of the creatures, had tails of chakra now floating out of her body as she snarled at the Sage.