Chapter XXIV [Part 2]

Ramiko's POV

"Come on... where is she?" I whispered to myself as trepidation overwhelmed me again. Now Mito has gone home and it's nearing close to midnight. My hair strands stood out in all sorts of places... I need a bath.

"Ramiko?"

I turned around on the balls of my feet briskly... my eyes made contact with familiar obsidian black orbs.

Uchiha Madara.

My mouth gaped slightly. His long spiky black hair cascaded over half his face complexion, the long navy blue kimono he wore fitted well. It's been a while since I last saw him.

I snapped myself back into reality. "Madara-kun!" I awkwardly plastered a smile onto my lips. Still not knowing was else to say at a time like this.

He held a straight compulsive grin. "It's been a while I see." he grimaced at me... Remembering the old days back when we lived separately and not compiled into a village.

Even with Izuna around... I couldn't tell him that I loved him before he died by Tobirama's hands. Even the thought of that Senju made my blood run cold beneath my skin. Sadly to say Izuna also loved me. I frowned nonchalantly at the mere thought of him. My heart crumbled thinking of the memories.

"Even the memories won't bring him back. We both miss him. But that's in the past now. Anyways you have seen Aquila?" Madara changed the subject. That's right, I was looking for her, in hopes she returned by now.

Should I tell him?

"I.. uhh.. nope I haven't!" I grinned awkwardly holding a guilty expression. Even my own mind condemned me of disapproval.

"Hmph." Madara implied crossing his arms over his chest. "If something happened you better come clean now or you'll regret it." Madara threatened making me open my mouth slightly. I felt my fingers tremble at his every bit of words.

"I.. um." I stammered again, gulping as he came closer. Standing not even a feet away from me. It was nightfall and no one was around or even awake at this hour. We were in the Uchiha compound; both of us silenced. I felt my mind start to deceive me. Huh? And the last thing I noticed was red flashing right before my eyes.

Hashirama's POV

"Mito-san you're back this late! You know how worried I was!" I narrowed my gaze at her, wailing my arms up. I was furious knowingly my wife was out god knows where at this time.

"Sorry Hashirama dear, I was helping a friend, some conundrum had occurred earlier. I'm back and fine." her calm voice soothed my mood.

But what problem?

"Mito-san what problem?" I should know since I try to help everyone in need.

"Oh um... some foreign ninja tried to ambush us, it's nothing."

FOREIGN NINJA! This occurred while my wife was out and worst could have come. She could have been hurt!

Mito noticed my sudden reaction and assured me it was nothing bad. "Aquila-san said she was handling the situation so Ramiko-san and I would have gotten away, nothing to worry hun." Mito gave me a gently reassuring smile placing her hand on my thigh.

"Did she return yet?" I ask which made Mito look away. We both sat on our bed, her head leaning on my shoulder. Her eyes drooping, indicating she was tired.

She hesitated before she responded with a simple 'I'm not sure'. Which makes me wonder if things are alright on her side.

Aquila's POV