Chapter XVI

Aquila's POV

The streets seemed to be clear most of the time. The sun glaring at everyone as they walked by shielding their eyes as if they'll go blind.

It has been a few days since I've gotten back. Never once have I spoken to Madara or Ramiko. Since now a lot of the Uchiha's are preparing for this wedding; only a few people were invited. As for Ramiko, I haven't once seen her. Not even a single word from anyone about her. I wonder if she is alright...?

My gaze landed to the ground where my feet stood. I wonder if I am actually alone. Aiko would have about now say that I wasn't and called me insolent names, but I am not sure of who am I anymore.

The rigorous wind would joust ahead in front pushing me forward.

"Aquila!" Izuna's voice scurried through the air.

Izuna must have gotten a glimpse of me walking by I assume. Turning around to greet him, I noticed he wasn't alone at all.

Madara was with him.

"Hey-"

"O-oh Izuna t-today is not a great day-"

Nearly stammering my sentence but instead, he stopped as I glance to look at an irritated Madara who turned away as soon as he caught my eyes locked with his for a split moment.

"Ramiko wanted me to tell you to wear something nice for later on," Izuna simply smiled genuinely.

"Um, why?" I asked curiously as he shook his head.

"Oh well... I don't really know but I will see you around," was his last words before walking passed me. He must know how awkward it is to even be near Madara under the circumstances that I rather not even explain, but for some reason, I felt flustered.

I smiled inwardly as I went to go inside the manor more quietly. My expression dropped below zero noticing Gaia was here again looking prettier or a more precise word: stunning. Her silver hair was tied back into a largely braid that flowed extravagantly down her backside. as scarlet red lilies embossed her silver hair.

I mentally growled noticing she was not alone to only have Ramiko accompany her as they walked down the courtyard enjoying themselves I presume. I remembered Izuna said that Ramiko wanting me to wear something nice for later on.

For some strange reason, I wasn't angry at the fact Ramiko must have been with Gaia for days or when I was gone mostly. I felt my expression turn to sombre; feeling very gloomily saddened.

Ramiko turned her head towards my direction, her eyes widening noticing me standing alone close by them.

"Oh, Aquila! Did Izuna tell you-"

"Yes he did, but I'm busy tonight." I austere my tone a bit.

"Oh maybe some other night," Ramiko grimaced as my eyes shifted to Gaia. She mainly seemed satisfied now for some reason.

Like I care what she is thinking. Without another word, I decided to leave the scene before anything else would have happened.

I sighed mournfully. Maybe I should relax and calm down a bit about everything.

I stepped inside my old room I always had since I was twelve; looked the same since the last time I was here. But now I was given a new room.

No maids came in as they were pleased to help clean up the calamitous mess. Now I see why they skipped here. I think I should help out here once in a while.

I had an abundance of books sprawled out everywhere. Clothes seem to be relaxing on the wooden floor.

As my cleaning took up most of my time during the day, I felt exhausted and weary soon after. I felt the perspiration build up in my body; more likely sweating like crazy.