49. They're Back

Maya and Riley steps off the subway with the four suitcases, two backpacks and guitar case they brought into it when they left for Philadelphia. Now they're back. But only two people are standing at the subway station waiting for them. Katy and Shawn. Well technically I guess that's four people. Katy's pregnant with twins, remember?
Shawn help them get off the subway before he hugs them both and then Katy does too.
"Maya, I think we need to talk." Katy says smiling.
"Okay, shoot. Whatever you're gonna tell me you might as well tell my girlfriend too." Maya answers.
"Okay." Katy starts. "Well, first of all I'm sorry, Maya. About everything that I said in Miami. If I would've known that you were questioning your sexuality back then I never would've said those things."
"Well, you'd be a pretty bad mom if you would have anyway..." Maya says.
Katy takes a deep breath and looks down shamefully before looking up at Maya again.
"I didn't mean any of it Maya. I was very angry and hurt and took it out on... Well, everyone ever associated with Pride I guess." Katy says.
Maya curls her eyebrows.
"At what?" Maya asks. "No, you know what? Whatever it was it still doesn't justify that you took it out on the first minority you could see which just happened to include your daughter!"
"Maya, please. Just listen to me." Katy pleads.
"Why?" Maya asks.
"Because I'm your mother and I want you to know that I accept you to 100%." Katy says. "But also because there's a surprise party for you two in the Matthews' apartment and I promised them I'd fix things between us before we go up there." Katy says.
"You know," Shawn starts. "The whole reason it's called a surprise party is cus they're not supposed to know about it." Maya and Katy looks at him with a straight face. "Okay, let's take a seat, shall we?" He then says.
The four (or technically six) of them sits down on a bench. Maya in between Riley and Katy and Shawn next to Katy.
"About a week before we went to Miami, Topanga wanted to talk to me at work. She seemed pretty serious and bothered. So I sat down and listened to Topanga as she explained how one of her co-workers was working with a divorce case. Defending the husband, one of the husbands." Katy says and takes a breath.
Maya looks confused.
"So you're telling me you were angry and hurt cus a gay couple was getting divorced and you took it out on other gay couple? Way to go mom!" Maya sarcastically says.
"Maya." Katy says and Maya looks at her seriously. "One of the husbands happened to be your father."
"That one?!" She shouted out pointing at Shawn.
"No, not that one. Kermit." Katy says.
Maya looked down thoughtfully.
"Are you okay, Peaches?" Riley asks.
"Yeah." Maya says still looking down before looking up quickly. "Well, we have a surprise party to get to, Honey. Let's go!" Maya says before getting up and taking a backpack, the suitcase and her guitar case and heading out of the subway station.
Shawn and Riley quickly takes the rest of the bags before the two of them and Katy hurry after her.

"Have anybody ordered three Hunter's and three future Hunter's?" Maya says into the intercom with a dramatic voice.
"three?" Topanga asks in the other end.
"Me, my mom and my dad?" Maya questions.
"And the future three?" Topanga asks again.
"Oh yeah, the twins and your daughter." Maya says.
"Just let us in." Shawn interrupts.
They open the door and get up the stairs until they're in front of the Matthews' door. Maya opens the door and goes inside the apartment with Shawn, Katy and Riley. Topanga's sitting by the kitchen table. Maya, Riley, Shawn and Katy looks a little surprised as that was exactly what they were expecting, a surprise.
"Hey there sweetheart!" Topanga greets Riley. "Had a nice trip?"
Riley looks confused.
"Uh, well" She starts. "Yeah, I guess I..."
"SURPRISE!" They hear as they see Cory, Auggie, Ava, Josh, Jasmin, Lucas, Lauren, Zay, Farkle and Smackle all jumping out from different places in the apartment.
"Tell me about it!" Shawn says with widened eyes and a hand across his chest.