45. You Wanna Hear Me Roar?

"What are we going to do about Riley?" Smackle asks.
"When did this start?" Lauren asks them all.
"Saturday." Josh says and then they all look at Maya.
"I knew it." Maya says. "I broke her."
"No, you didn't." Farkle says.
"Yes, what else could it be?" Maya asks.
"It wasn't your intentions." Lucas says and some silence spreads as they all pay attention to him. "Riley doesn't feel this way because you're on a break. You told her to figure out how she feels. And she doesn't know how to prove to you that she did." Lucas continues.
"Well, I don't know how she would do that either." Maya says. "And that occurred to me when it was too late."
"You still think she doesn't like you." Zay says.
"Still?" Lucas asks Zay.
"You don't know me, Huckleberry." Maya says.
"But he does?" Lucas asks.
"Yes, cus these past years he's been focused on more than Riley and Lauren, Ranger Rick." Maya says.
"Are you gonna start calling me those things again?" Lucas asks her.
"Well maybe I am you dumb Heehaw!" Maya shouts at him.
"Holy Madame Curie." Smackle says.
"Say whaaat?" Zay says furrowing his eyebrows at what Smackle just said.
"She only called him that because she felt threatened by him when it came to Riley. And now that we brought up how she used to feel she sees him as a threat again!" Smackle says as if she's a detective who just solved a murder mystery.
"Really?" Lucas asks.
Maya looks at the floor.
"That's why you called me all those things, Maya?" Lucas asks.
"I don't know, maybe it was cus you're a line dancing, heehawing, hop-alonging Huckleberry Ranger Rick quickdraw!" Maya shouts at him. "Ha-hurr." She then adds.
Zay giggles at her and tries to hide it but Lucas notices.
"How did you know that she used to think Riley didn't like her, though?" Lucas asks Zay.
"That's a sworn secrecy between me and Maya." Zay says.
"Yet you told her that the last E IBSS meeting was about her." Smackle says.
"I choose my battles, all right." Zay argues.
"We're getting off topic here, guys." Josh says.
"Getting off topic?" Smackle asks furrowing her eyebrows. "We're far beyond off topic. If topics would be islands we would be on the other side of earth."
"Whatever!" Maya shouts. "We gotta get Riley back."
"I think we should talk to an adult." Josh says.
"No!" Zay argues.
"Yes!" Josh shouts back.
"Not now!" Maya shouts at them as she stands up.
"Then when?!" Josh asks standing up as well.
"When we have to!" Lucas shouts at them as he also stands up.
They all sit down again and then everybody just sits there for a while without saying anything.
"What do you think will happen if Riley stays this way too long?" Farkle asks.
"She's the happy one in our group. The one who makes us happy." Maya answers.
"Oh my god, you guys are already changing." Lauren says.
"What?" They all ask her in unison furrowing their eyebrows.
"Into werewolves!" Zay adds quickly before howling and everyone looks at him furrowing their eyebrows.
"Erm, no. But all of you have been acting really angry with each other right now." Lauren then says.
Everybody thinks for a few seconds.
"Wow." Maya suddenly says.
"She can not stay like this for long. It's affecting all of us." Smackle says.
"I wonder what would've happened to us if Riley would have moved to London..." Maya says.
"I wonder what would've happened to you , Maya." Josh says.
"Yeah, yeah, you're the wise one who doesn't know hard words." Farkle says making Josh, again, throw his hands in the air.
"I think we gotta tell Riley what she really has to convince Maya about." Lucas says. "Not that she knows what she wants but that she is in love with Maya!"
"Do you have to tell her that?" Maya asks.
"Don't you want her back?" Lauren asks.
"Of course I do! I just don't wanna get humiliated while we're at it." Maya says.
"The one time you seem completely like the rest of us, having insecurities and all that. And you get humiliated?" Zay asks.
"This isn't about me. I don't want Riley to ever think I didn't believe her when she said she loved me." Maya says.
"Well if we can't tell her that, what do you suggest we do?" Smackle asks.