10. Covering Up & Giving Advices

"You're in love with Zay?" Riley asks looking questioning.
"Yeah." Maya says.
"I thought you were in love with Farkle?" Riley asks looking even more questioning.
"Right! No, that was just me..." Maya says but she can't figure out what to say next. "Oh! It was me testing your reaction!" Maya says and smiles.
"Okay... So it was easier for you to say that you liked Farkle than that you liked Zay?" Riley asks and she's looking more and more questioning for every question.
"Well, you know, it's not true, so yeah." Maya says and smiles.
"And you thought that I would end our friendship because you like Zay?" Riley asks and looks extremely questioning.
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"Uhm... I don't know..." Maya says.
"Wait." Riley says and lets go of Mayas hand. "Is all of this about you still liking Lucas?" Riley asks and looks a little mad.
"No! No, no, no, no! I can promise you, Riley, this has nothing to do with Lucas!" Maya says looking a little surprised that she asked that.
"Okay..." Riley says and looks questioning again, then she sort of shakes it off. "Do you want to have dinner with us? We just got started when you and Shawn came!" Riley says and smiles.
"Of course!" Maya says.
They leave Rileys room and heads to the dinner table where Shawns telling the rest of the Matthews family some story from Miami but he stops when he sees Maya and Riley.
"Hey, look! I told you it would be fine Maya!" Shawn says.
Maya coughs loudly.
"You told him?" Riley asks Maya.
"She needed some advice." Shawn says.
"I'm not following." Cory says looking concerned.
Maya coughs loudly.
"Oh, well I encouraged Maya to tell Riley that she's in love with..." Shawn says but Maya loudly interrupts him.
"Zay! I'm in love with Zay!" Maya shouts.
Shawn looks at her surprisedly.
"Okay." Topanga says and some silence spreads around the table. "Well good for you, Maya!" She then continues.
Riley sits down and Maya sits down in the middle of Riley and Shawn.
"Man, you can't get a hint." Maya whispers rather loudly to Shawn.
"What?" Riley asks.
"Nothing!" Maya says.
"But it applies to you too, Riley!" Shawn says.
Maya stomps him on the foot just as he puts food in his mouth and he makes a face.
"You okay, Shawn?" Topanga asks.
"Yeah! It's just really, really tasty!" Shawn says.
"That's a reaction you don't get often!" Cory says to Topanga and laughs.
She gives him the look and Cory stops laughing and starts eating as fast as he possibly can.
"So, Auggie!" Maya starts. "How's it going with Ava?"
"Bad!" Auggie shouts. "She just wants to play house with her dolls all the time!"
"And you don't want that?" Maya asks and laughs a little.
"No! I'm too young to be a daddy!" Auggie says.
"Sometimes you gotta do what other people wants to do." Shawn says.
"Why?" Auggie dramatically shouts.
"To make them happy! I did it with your dad all the time!" Shawn says and Cory looks at him with a sad face.
"And I do it all the time with daddy!" Topanga says and Cory turns his face to Topanga.
"But when will I have fun?" Auggie asks.
"Maybe you should tell Ava that you would like to play something else for once?" Riley asks.
"Or you could play something else while you're playing." Maya says.
"What do you mean?" Auggie asks.
"Well, you said you're a dad when you're playing house, right?" Maya asks.
Auggie nods.
"Then be a dad who works in a toy shop and you can play with whatever toys you want, until she says you have to come home from work." Maya says.
"Have you ever done that with me?" Riley asks Maya.
"Of course not. When we played you let me be whatever I wanted to be as long as you could be a princess." Maya answers and they look at each other smiling.