36. Angry, Happy, Empty, Concerned

Lucas once again shows up outside Lauren's hotel room. He met that, Kevin, guy in the lobby so he knows he isn't here. Which is good. He knocks on the door. She opens again.
"I showed up here earlier today to tell you that I like you." Lucas starts. "Cus last time I told you that I liked you, you never told me what you felt for me."
"Well, I revealed their plan to you because..." Lauren starts but Lucas interrupts her by making a very Farkle-like sound.
"F-teh!" He says to stop her and as he goes on he starts to make hand gestures and furrow his eyebrows. "I listened to you go on and on about what an idiot your ex was for cheating on you with one of your friends and I didn't even mind cus all I was thinking was how you deserve better than him. And I think I'm better than him, so why don't you?! I would never cheat on anyone. I would definitely never cheat on you... Yet, I show up outside your door and he's here, in your room doing god knows what and there I'm standing like an idiot when he's the real idiot and I can't believe that you'd rather"
Suddenly Lauren kisses him. To shut him up, but she kisses him. She stops.
"Run back into his arms instead of having mine wrapped around you for as long as you want to..." He then whispers finishing his speech.
Lauren kisses him again.
"I revealed their plan to you because I did like you, alot. And the Kevin who was here earlier wasn't my ex, Kevin. I met that guy in the pride parade yesterday. He needed some advice about his boyfriend." Lauren says and then Lucas kisses her as he puts his hands at both sides of her waist and lifts her a feet up in the air, still not letting go of that kiss. He then puts her back down and lets go of the kiss.
"We're already past the awkward what-are-we-phase, right?" He asks.
She laughs and puts her forehead against his as she looks into his eyes.
"Yeah, I would say so." Lauren says and smiles.
"Good." He answers smiling and rubs his nose against her nose. "So I'm your boyfriend?" He then asks.
"And I'm your girlfriend." She says and they kiss once again.

Josh walks into Riley's room suddenly.
"How are you?" Josh asks.
"Fine." Riley says.
"A break can be really tough, but at least it's not a break up." Josh says.
"How did you know we're on a break? I haven't told anyone." Riley says.
"I just know." Josh says.
"Maya?" Riley asks.
"Lucas." Josh replies. "He texted me."
He pulls out the chair by Riley's desk and turns it around so that it faces her. He takes a seat on the chair.
"What's wrong, Riley?" Josh asks.
"Well, Maya wants me to figure out what I'm feeling and not ask her to tell me. And I don't know how I'm gonna do that, really." Riley says moping.
"Okay. Well, maybe Maya is the one who really needs some time on her own. And she's just saying that it's your fault cus it's hard for her to admit that she's the reason for this." Josh suggests.
"You think?" Riley asks still just as empty.
"Well, I don't know what's going on in her head. But considering we're talking about Maya, and you, it's probably very possible." He says looking pretty concerned as he thought that suggestion would get her all hopeful and excited. "Besides, we're talking about my thoughts and, I mean, I think we both know that I'm mostly right!" He says jokingly trying to get her to laugh or smile or smirk or something.
But she doesn't. She doesn't react.