9. Coming Out & Not Coming Out

It's Monday evening and not long till Maya and Shawn are in New York.
"I need to talk..." Maya says all of the sudden.
"Okay, about what?" Shawn asks.
"You know those people that I hung out with this Friday?"
"Yeah?"
"They taught me that there's something called bisexual."
"Wait, you didn't know that?"
"No..."
"Oh, okay. Go on."
"Well, I bet you know my mom is kind of homophobic... Uhm,.. So are you?"
"What? No! Not at all! If I were I probably wouldn't have let you hang out with them! And I probably wouldn't even want to take pictures for the festival." Shawn says.
"Okay..." Maya says. "I'm in love with Riley."
Shawn looks at her a couple of times.
"Okay... Does she know?" Shawn asks.
"No. I don't know how to tell her."
"I think you should let her know. And also, if that's how you feel, that if she wants it, you can continue as it was before, since you've been able to hold back your feelings all this time." Shawn says. "And she's Riley, and you're Maya. I'm 99% sure that if she's not in love with you, she will try to continue your friendship as it always has been."
"Maybe..." Maya says.
Shawn turns right.
"Wait where are you going?" Maya asks.
"To Riley." Shawn asks.
"Why?!"
"Oh, you thought I would let you leave me hanging? No. I want to know what she feels right now and I know you do too." Shawn says.

In the Matthews's apartment, Topanga, Cory, Riley and Auggie are eating dinner.
*knock, knock, knock*
"Shawn!" Cory shouts and runs to the door.
"Maya!" Riley shouts and runs to her room.
"And there goes that family dinner." Topanga says and stands up.
Cory opens the door.
"Cory!" Shawn says and they hug.
Riley opens the door to her room and Maya's already inside.
"Peaches!" Riley shouts.
"Honey!" Maya shouts back and they hug.
"So how was Miami?" Riley asks smiling.
"I already told you." Maya says.
"What about Charlotte?"
"I already told you."
"The road to New York?"
"I already told you."
"My room?"
"Pretty lonely." Maya says and smiles. She sits down at Rileys bed. "Listen, I need to tell you something..." Maya says.
"Okay, what is it?" Riley asks and sits down next to Maya.
Maya looks at the floor and at other things in Rileys room, moving her eyes constantly but never looking at Riley.
"Are you okay?" Riley asks.
"Yeah, I; I just have no idea how to tell you this." Maya says.
"Okay, let's go sit in the baywindow instead, maybe that'll help!" Riley says and smiles.
She takes Maya by the hand and gets up.
"Why would that help, Riley?" Maya says and smirks a little as Riley drags her towards the baywindow.
Maya pulls back her hand. Riley stops, turns around and looks into Maya's eyes.
"Cus it's a special place. It's almost magical." Riley says while smiling and trying to gain eye contact with Maya who refuses to look Riley in the eyes. Riley goes to sit down in the baywindow and Maya sits down next to her.
"Just tell me what's going on..." Riley says and she gets cut off by Maya.
"I can't! Telling you this could ruin our friendship forever!" Maya shouts still not looking at Riley.
Riley puts her hand under Mayas chin and turns her head but Maya still looks away.
"I've told you this before, Maya. There's literally nothing you can do to ruin our friendship. You can't think that. And you shouldn't be afraid to tell me anything. " Riley says and Maya looks into her eyes.
"Well I am." Maya says before taking a deep breath.
As Riley's still holding her chin and they're looking into each others eyes Maya says "I love you, honey." trying to hint it.
"I love you too, peaches." Riley says not getting the hint while she smiles a little. She lets go of Mayas chin but they continue to look into each others eyes. "Can you please tell me what's going on?" Riley asks.
Maya looks at the floor.
"I... Am... In... Love... With..." Maya says and stops.
"Who?" Riley asks looking questioning.
Maya feels a tear running down her cheek and she quickly wipes it away. Riley takes her hand. Maya bites her lip and looks at her.
"Zay." Maya says.