39. Plot Twist

Maya climbs in through Riley's bay window and sees Riley in bed.
"Riles?" Maya asks.
Riley sits up and looks at her.
"Peaches." She says and smiles.
"What are you doing?" Maya asks.
"I'm just tired." Riley says still smiling.
Riley gets up out of bed and sits down in the bay window next to Maya.
"Lucas and Lauren are a couple now." Maya says looking at Riley who's smile gets bigger the second she hears it.
"So, we did it?" Riley asks smiling at her. "You know, our plan?"
"I guess we did. You know, with help from everyone else." Maya says also smiling. "Lucas said that they're going on a triple date with Zay and Violet, as well as Josh and someone he was bringing. He didn't know who Josh was bringing though." Maya says.
"I do." Riley says. "He's got a best friend named Jasmin. She came over earlier today. He told me he was gonna take her."
Maya nods. Then they're just sitting there in silence for a few seconds before anyone says anything.
"I don't know what you want me to do." Riley then says to Maya.
"What?" Maya asks.
"You told me to figure out what I'm truly feeling. But if I'm truly in love with you, then, how would you know that I've figured it out?" Riley asks.
Riley's door opens. It's Cory.
"Riley, time for dinner." He says before he sees her sitting in the bay window with Maya. "Oh, hey Maya. Riley, dinner." He then says.
"Just a minute." She says.
"Now, please." He responds.
"Come on, Cory." Topanga says from outside Riley's bedroom door. "Give them a minute or two to finish their conversation!" She says and he leaves.
"What's up with him?" Maya asks. "He didn't even ask me to join you. He always does that."
"I think Josh told him that you called a break. You know what he's like..." Riley says.
"Well. You're gonna eat and I should probably get going too. See you." Maya says as she starts climbing out the bay window.
"Wait." Riley says making Maya stop and turn around.
"What?" Maya asks.
Riley looks at Maya's lips for a few seconds and then down at her own lap.
"Nothing." Riley says.
Maya turns around again but doesn't maintain to climb out the window. She just sits there for a second or two completely frozen before she looks back at Riley again. Riley looks up at her. Suddenly Maya quickly kisses Riley on the lips before she gets out the bay window and disappears into the night. As Maya's walking back home she thinks about Riley. In Maya's opinion, Riley acted very odd today. Maya knows Riley, she knows when she lies. She wasn't tired. Maya walks in through the front door of her house. Shawn is sitting by the kitchen table as Katy is just about to serve dinner.
"Hey, what's up." She greets her parents.
"Hey there!" Katy says smiling.
"What have you been up to today?" Shawn asks Maya as she's been gone all day.
"Hanging out, with friends." Maya answers.
"Riley?" Katy asks as she sits down by the table.
"Of course." Maya lies. Sure, they've met but that was barely worthy of being referred to as hanging out.
"Well, take a seat, it's time for dinner." Katy says.
Maya sits down by the kitchen table and starts eating. Suddenly she notices that her parents aren't eating. They're just looking at her while smiling and holding hands. She furrows her eyebrows.
"Don't tell me we're gonna be one of those families that pray before we eat now!" She pleads making Shawn laugh.
"No!" He then says. "We just have something to tell you." He says and smiles at Katy who's smiling back at him.
They then look over at Maya again, nervously.
"Okay." Katy takes a breath. "I'm pregnant."