Chapter 29

Perrie's POV

"Baby wake up. We are home" I heard Jade's angelic voice calling me. I opened my eyes and lifted my head from her shoulder, meeting her beautiful brown one.

"I didn't expect you to wake up this quick Pez" She let out a few cute giggles. I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled goofily at the brunette beauty in front of me.

"Let's go home yeah?" I nodded and followed her out of the car. We laced our fingers together and walked inside our house.

An uneasy feeling came up when all the questions started clouding up my head once again. I guessed Jade noticed my body tensed up, as she stopped walking and turned to me with a concern look. I gave her a weak smile leading her to the living room, and sat us down at the couch. It's time to talk

"Jade there is something I wanna ask you...and please promise me you will answer it honestly, even if you think it might hurt me..." I managed to speak after minutes of silence pondering what's the best way to start the conversation.

I held her small hands in mines, looking straight into her eyes, hopefully she could see the strength in them so she won't be scared to tell me anything. She studied my face for seconds, and slowly nodding her head.

"Do you think I am being too clingy sometimes? Like you want to have some alone time? I understand if y-"

"No baby no!" I stopped when she cut me off. She retrieved her hands and raised them up to cup my face. I closed my eyes for seconds, enjoying the warmth of her palm.

"You will never be too clingy Pez cause I could never get enough of you" Her voice laced with the honesty I was hoping for, and I could see the sincerity in her chocolate eyes. I smiled at her answer as this is the one I want, but it soon disappeared as I was confused by her contradicted behaviour at the club.

"But...why I feel like you...you didn't want to be with me at the club?" I raised my concern at the one question that had been stuck in my head all night.

I could see Jade biting her lip nervously at my query. I raised my hand and pressed my index finger on her chin, while my thumb pulled down at her bottom lip, releasing it from between her teeth. I could see her lips still trembling slightly due to how nervous she was, so I leaned in and pressed my lips on her gently, hopefully to calm her down. I smiled when I felt her kissing me back.

"You can tell me anything Jade" I whispered against her lips.

"Even if it's stupid?" She muttered and pressed her lips firmly on mines, not waiting for my answer. I kissed her back in no time as I knew she was still afraid to tell me the answer, and I want to show her there was nothing to worry about. I pulled away shortly and push back a loose strand of her beautiful brown hair.

"Anything. I promise" I caressed her cheek softly. She smiled at me for a second and took a deep breath, then looked at me with determination in her eyes. I knew she is ready to tell me now.

"You remember what I told you at the club?" I searched for all the conversation we had earlier in my head and one caught my attention.

"When you said I should relax and have fun, and stop worrying about you?" I asked tentatively

"Yes. And that's why I want you to keep talking with Luke."

"W-What? I don't understand..." I frowned not getting what she meant. She sighed and smoothed my furrowed eyebrows with her slender fingers.

"I want you to enjoy the night Perrie. If you stay with me the whole night, you would be stressed out fearing of what happened last time would happen to me again. I know you are still blaming yourself babe. I could see the pain and guilt in your eyes every time it has been brought up. When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw you were having fun with him, so I wanted to keep it that way." She explained and I could hear her tone changed a little bit at the last sentence, but I was not sure what it was. I decided to leave it and rethought what she said once again, then realization hit me. She distanced herself so I could stop worrying about her and enjoy the night.