Out of Time

One week ago,

"You know we're running out of time Kuya Brent," sabi ni Zienna habang sumisimsim ng order nyang orange juice.

"You mean, your brother Zeig and your best friend Xein are running out of time." Sabi naman ni Brent tapos ay lumagok sa bote ng kanyang order na beer.

"You and Xein will get married in a week, and it's the two of us that planned this to help my brother na kinakapatid mo. So, it's a 'we' and this plan is going nowhere, so far." Reklamo ni Zienna.

"My source told me we will have everything we need on Thursday." Confident na sagot ni Brent. "So, calm down sweetheart."

"Calm down! Biyernes ng hapon ang kasal ninyo ni Xein---"

"Yes," putol ni Brent kay Zienna. "And my contact says Thursdays afternoon he will give us everything we need. So, calm down."

"Pa'no kung sumablay? Pa'no kung wala pala?" Praning pa rin si Zienna. "Once you and Xein take your vows there's nothing we can do Kuya Brent." Nawawalan na nang pag-asa ang dalaga ng mga Hernalde. "My best friend will be Mrs. Xein Escobar for the rest of her life."

"You sounded like it's not a good thing to be Mrs. Escobar." Reklamo ni Brent.

"It's not just wasn't a good thing, it's actually a curse." Sabi ni Zienna. "To be your Mrs. Escobar, yun ang sumpa."

'Hey, I'm helping you, right?" Sabi naman ni Brent. "And may I remind you that I'm on the get go ever since you told me the plan. And it's my contact and my money." Dagdag pa ni Brent. "So, stop acting like I'm the worst thing that can ever happen to your best friend slash kinakapatid."

Thursday Evening, Dinner Party.

"What are these?" nagtatakang tanong ni Zeig sa kapatid na si Zienna habang hawak ang dalawang plane tickets at tourists visa nila ni Xein.

"Plane tickets and visa." Si Brent ang sumagot.

"Kuya Brent and I made an arrangement." Sabi naman ni Zienna.

"You mean, you planned it, I made all the arrangements." Pagtatama naman ni Brent kay Zienna.

"How did you guys manage to do these?" tanong naman ni Zeig kina Brent at Zienna.

"I have a cousin at the embassy." Sagot naman ni Brent. "Since you and Xein get in and out of the country constantly and your family names are well-known at wala sa estado ninyo ni Xein ang mag-ti-TNT sa America. My cousin managed to pull some strings inside, but those papers are for tourists only. Six months from now, you and Xein are on your own Buddy."

"You want me and Xein to run away?" nagtatakang tanong ni Zeig sa kinakapatid na si Brent.

Hindi na nagawang sumagot ni Brent dahil sumabat na ulit si Zienna sa usapan. "I packed your things already and so does Xein." Sabi ni Zienna sa nalilitong kuya. "Only the essentials, there's a motorcycle waiting for you at the back of the tent kung saan mang-gagaling ang entourage. Before Xein can walk down the aisle you will get her, you'll start the motorcycle and run with Xein. Once you do it Kuya, you won't hesitate, never ever hesitate! Whatever you hear or see, you'll continue to drive the motorcycle and you will bring Xein at Moonlight motel. Here's the key to your room."

"How did you guys managed to do all of these?" nagtataka pa rin si Zeig.

"Don't ask, Buddy." Sabi naman ni Brent. "Just excecute," Kumindat pa si Brent sa kinakapatid na si Zeig. "Now, Papa won't agree to this plan and we all know my father, Don Pepito, have contacts at the airport. At tiyak na kukulitin si Papa ni Don Antonio na bantayan ang paglabas ninyo ni Xein ng bansa. Or worse, baka mag-sanib-pwersa pa ang Papa at si Don Antonio na halughugin ang buong airport, kaya naman inareglo ko na yun. Papa knew this plan of ours---"

"Sinabi mo sa Tito Pepito?" nanglalaki ang mga matang sabi ni Zienna kay Brent.

"Shhh," senyas ni Brent kay Zienna, sabay tingin sa mga tao sa loob ng dining room ng mga Veranda. "We need Papa on board," pagpapatuloy ni Brent nang masigurong walang nakarinig kay Zienna. "Palagay ninyo, will Don Pepito let his only son and heir be humiliated?" Hindi tanong iyon para sa magkapatid na Hernalde sa halip ay gustong i-point out ni Brent ang magiging sitwasyon kung sakaling magtagumpay sila sa kanilang plano. "I talked to Papa when you told me your plan Zienna, and he understands. So, he's on board with this."

"What made you convinced Tito Pepito?" Tanong ni Zeig kay Brent. "And why are you doing this?" Dagdag na tanong ni Zeig hindi lang kay Brent kundi pati kay Zienna. "Does Xein know? Ang Mama? May alam ba?" sunod-sunod na tanong ni Zeig.

"I will talk to Xein tomorrow," sabi naman ni Zienna. "I'm sure she will agree and so with the plan. With regards to Mama, I kept her out of the dark kahit nga gusto pa ni Kuya Brent na ipaalam din sana kay Mama. But you know Mama---"

"Yeah, she's woman of honor, how about Tito Pepito?" sabi naman ni Zeig.

"I told Papa that Xein loves you and you love Xein. Sabi naman ni Brent. "It would be unfair not only to both of you but most especially to me kung matutuloy ang kasalan dahil lang sa kasunduan. I told Papa that I love Xein, but I don't love her that much. Isa pa, I don't think Xein will be happy with me. I told Papa how I could be able to make Xein happy when she can be happy with Zeig Hernalde. And you can make her happy, I know, you can do it better than me buddy."

"And Tito Pepito agreed, just like that?" nag-snap pa ang isang kamay ni Zeig.

"I also told Papa, if ever they're in our shoes and we are on theirs. Say sila ang maging anak at tayo ang maging magulang, would he let Tito Antonio marry Mama? Even if he knows that Tito Antonio is capable of loving Mama and makes her happy. Will he allows it?"

"I believe Tito Pepito said; 'no one can make your mother happy and no one can love her as much as I do.' Kaya naman nakumbinse mo si Tito Pepito na pabayaang matuloy ang plano, if ever?" Dugtong ni Zeig sa sinasabi ni Brent.

"He also said, no matter how capable Antonio is I'm sure your Mama will still chose me." dagdag ni Brent. "So I said, and so do Xein and I think Zeig and I agree the same. Kaya naman nakumbinse ko ang Papa sa plano at huwag mag-intervene, if ever."

******

Super excited na po akong ma-publish lahat ng natitirang chapters. And since Holy Week, you guys have all the time in the world na magbasa. Habang nasa beach watty-wtty lang, ganern. He-heh.

Bilisan nyo na pong magbasa please, pag kumpleto na ulit yung regulars update na ako. Pasensya na po kung ako naman ang nagmamadali ngayon, Lol. Hope you enjoy this update sweetheart.

******