Chapter 11: With These Hands I Shook The Heavens To The Ground.

Start from the beginning

"What about your dad." I checked the time and saw it was six o'clock.

"He's probably at a bar with his friend." I shrugged again. "What about mowing lawns?" I suggested.

"I've never touched a lawn mower in my life. My dad won't let me until I start "acting more manly"." He said, rolling his eyes.

"I think you're pretty manly."

"Thanks." He said with a small smile. Suddenly, he leaned in and kissed me. After a few seconds I kissed back, his hand resting on my knee. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. We pulled away for air and he smiled at me, placing his hand on my cheek.

"Camryn, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, barley above a whisper and I nodded.

"Yes Chris, I will." He smiled and kissed me again, pulling away after a few seconds. We worked on our project a bit more until my mom walked in.

"Chris, do you want to stay for dinner?"

"Umm, sure I guess."

"Alright." She smiled. "Also, do you need a ride home or...?"

"My mom said she would pick me up around seven." She nodded and left. About thirty minutes later, my mom called us down for dinner. Chris, Danielle and I walked down, sitting at the table.

"Where's Eli and Eddie?" I asked.

"At your grandpa's, he should be bringing them back any minute." I glared at her and she just waved me off.

"We're not waiting for dad?" Danielle asked, beginning to eat her food.

"Do you want to wait until eight or nine to have dinner with your drunk father?" She shook her head. "Then eat up. Besides, if your father wanted to have dinner with us tonight, he wouldn't of gone out with Ethan tonight. He's a grown man, I'm sure he can find himself food."

"Mom, do you hate Ethan?" Danielle asked.

"No, things are just a bit compliacted. Have been for about fifteen or sixteen years."

"Complicated?"'

"I'll explain to you later Danielle." My mom said and Danielle nodded. I sent an appologetic look at Chris and he just smiled. Her phone buzzed and she ran to go get it. We heard some voices before we heard the twins running in and my mom following behind them.

"Grandpa's not coming in?" Danielle asked.

"No, grandma's feeling sick so he's going to go back to take care of her." She said, getting the twins to sit down and giving them their food before sitting down herself.

"So, Chris, you're in eigth grade, right?" My mom asked.

"Yup, thirteen years old." He said with a smile.

"Camryn told me your new at the school?"

"Yeah, my family and I just moved from Florida."

"Do you have any siblings?" Danielle asked and he shook his head.

"Only child." He shrugged and they both nodded. What is this, twenty questions? Thank God my dad isn't here or it'd be one hundred questions.

"Chris, Camryn tells me you like Black Veil Brides and Stormy Copper?" My mom asked him and he nodded.

"They're my favorite bands." He smiled. "I'm really into the old rock, not much the newer stuff." He shrugged.

"Have you ever met them?" Danielle asked.

"Unfortunately, no."

"Have you even been to a concert?" Danielle asked with wide eyes. She cringed as I kicked her ankle.

"Nah, I don't have money to pay for my ticket." He shrugged.

"Who's your favorite member?" Danielle asked and I death glared her. I swear if she lets it slip who our family is.

"I dunno. I like Andy's voice, so I guess Andy?" He shrugged and Danielle smirked at me.

"What about Stormy Copper?"

"Again, I like Bailey's voice, you can tell she's Andy's daughter. I do like Onyx's guitar skills though, along with Jake Pitts." He paused a moment. "Sorry, I'm rambling."

"It's fine." Danielle spoke up.

"Do you like Batman?" Eli asked, his mouth full of food.

"Yeah." He said with a smile.

"Eli, don't talk with your mouth full." My mom said.

"Is Camryn your girlfriend?" Eddie asked innocently. I dropped my fork, causing it to make a loud noise when it hit the plate and started choking on my food.

Chris reached over and started pounding on my back, rubbing it for a few seconds before taking his hand away.

"No, we're just friends." He smiled and I silently thanked him. We finished dinner and went upstairs to work on our project a bit more until his mom got here.

"My mom's here, how about a kiss goodbye." I smiled and kissed his lips before opening my door.

"Mom, Chris' mom is here!" My mom stepped out of the kitchen and smiled at him.

"Chris, appologize to your mother that I can't walk out and meet her because I'm swamped around here."

"Alright, thank you."

"No, thank you for coming over." I walked him out to his car and hugged him before he got in.

"Hi Mrs. Longworth." I smiled.

"You're Camryn right?"

"Yes ma'am." I said with a nod.

"Nice to meet you." I waved at her as I walked back into my house. I closed the door and screamed at the top of my lungs, falling on the floor.

"Camryn, are you okay?" My mom asked, coming into the living room.

"I have a boyfriend."

*****************************************************************************************

Aww. Chris and Camryn are together!

Listening to Reflection~ Mulan

25 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!