Chapter Nineteen: I Loved Her

Start from the beginning

*

“So let me get this straight, you got grounded again, because you ran off with Gavin and didn’t notify anyone?” Holly asked.

I nodded my head, “Yup that seems about right.”

She rolled her eyes, “So what did you guys do?”

I explained to her the whole story about how he was taking me somewhere, I still didn’t know where, due to the fact the idiot got us lost. You expect someone who has lived in DC probably for most of his life to know the way around but no, he doesn’t.

Holly let out a chuckle, “He got you lost?” She said, in between laughs.

I nodded my head, “That’s Gavin for you.”

She let out another chuckle, “So what’s up?”

“Nothing, really. How is it going with you and your parents?” I questioned, leaning on my bed.

She shrugged, “They are just getting the divorce papers finalized. And then we will see who will get custody of me.” She said, sighing.

“Are they going to stay in DC?” I questioned, wanting to know the answer that’s been on my mind since Holly told me about the divorce.

She shrugged, “I don’t know, it depends who has custody of me.” She repeated. 

I nodded my head, Holly was an only child. So the parent who got the custody of Holly would be a challenge, she had the right to choose which one, but Holly didn’t want to do that. She’d rather have someone else do it for her.

“Enough, about all this sappy, sad stuff.” Holly said, smiling. “Let’s go do something!” She said, getting up from my bed and motioning for me to follow her.

I rose my eyebrows at her. “If you don’t recall, I am on lockdown.”

“So, let’s sneak out. We did it before!”

I rolled my eyes, “Holly if you don’t remember or if you might’ve hit your head to hard when you fell. There are two guards outside my door at this very moment. They aren’t letting me leave.”

Holly groaned, “Can we at least get some food? I am hungry.” She said, patting her flat stomach.

I nodded my head rising from my unmade bed. Usually Melinda my maid would come and make my bed, but considering it was Saturday. And I haven’t left my room all morning, she didn’t bother coming in.

“I’ll be right back,” I said, opening the door. “Don’t touch anything.” I said, pointing my finger at her.

She raised her hands in surrender, her green eyes widened. “Don’t worry, I won’t” She said, flopping down on my bed.

I walked out of my room only to walk right into the guard standing outside. “Um, do you mind?” I asked, as they turned around looking down at me.

“I am sorry Miss Alice, but we are given strict instructions not to let you out of the room.”

I sighed, trying to walk around them. If only life were to come with instructions. “I just have to get some snacks for Holly. I won’t sneak off, I promise.” I said, placing my right hand on my heart.

The guards looked at each other briefly before moving away from each other to let me through, “Thank you.” I muttered, heading towards the stairs and to the kitchen.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in lockdown?” I heard someone, say.

I turned around coming face to face with Ben. It seems like he is everywhere these days. I nodded my head, “Yeah, but Holly was hungry so she sent me to go and get us some food.” I replied, turning my heel and continuing my journey to the kitchen.

“Well, get some peanut butter and crackers, oh and some chips.” He said, following me.

“Why?” I asked, opening the door to the pantry and getting all the items that he said.

“Because,” He replied licking his lips. “Those are all Holly’s favorites.”

I rose my eyebrows at him dumping all the food down on the counter, “How do you know that?” I asked, him suspiciously.

He shrugged, “Whenever, Holly would come over she would always ask for that.”

I looked at Ben in shock, “And you remember that?”

He nodded his head, “I loved her.” He said, softly.

My eyes widened at his confession, I stared at Ben in shock. He loved Holly? “O-oh, well that’s good to know.” I said, stammering slightly.

He nodded his head, running his hands through his brown hair. “You’re not going to tell her right?” He asked, looking frustrated.

I nodded my head, confused. “Yeah, sure.” I said, grabbing all the snacks and scooping them in my arms.

“No, really. Don’t.” He said.

“Don’t worry Ben, you’re secret is safe with me.” I muttered, walking out of the kitchen and towards the stairs. If I didn’t get these snacks to Holly soon, she was sure to get mad.

I let out a sigh as I trudged up the stairs and towards my room, if only Ben liked Holly instead of me. But, he did say he loved her, so it has to count for something. Right?

*****

Hello Lovelies,

I know short chapter, but it is all I can type up. I did this at school, I know a lot of you have been waiting forever for an update. Anyways thoughts on this? It is a filler chapter. ALSO THANKS FOR THE 10K VOTES AND OVER 400K READS! I made it to #35 on humor, and I was ecstatic! Can we do it again? Oh and which one do you prefer, longer chapters but long waits. Or Shorter chapters and faster updates?

Anyways, follow me on Instagram. It is xoxo_mysteriousgirl. If you haven’t done so already, I will most definitely follow all of you back! :)

The first chapter of my new story keeping me on my toes is up! And I want your thoughts on it! This is dedicated to @Sendie she always asks me to update which motivates me. Also, thanks for all the guesses last chapter it was AMAZING!

Please Remember: Vote, Comment, Share and Fan!

Thanks,

Xoxo_mysteriousgirl