Chapter 25: If I Could Find The Words

~~ Abigail's POV ~~ 

We had landed in L.A. about two hours ago, we went out to eat at taco bell and now the guys are dropping me off at the hospital to see Austin. 

"Are you going to tell him?" Alan asks as he sits in the passenger seat. 

Aaron was too focused on the road to speak up, he was one of those drivers that like to focus on the road and not be bothered, "I have to," I say quietly. 

"Fuck, I don't even know what to say," Aaron says silently. 

I didn't either, to be honest. I'm going to walk in there and just say it. 

"Call one of us when you're ready to be picked up," Alan says as Aaron drives into the hospital parking lot. Aaron stops the car and I get off. 

"I will," I say as I then close the door. I watch as they drive off, I then walk inside the hospital building. 

The walk to Austin's hospital room felt like forever. I smiled at a few nurses, even a couple of strangers. I just needed one person to smile back and maybe it'll feel like everything will be alright. But no one smiled back. So much faith in humanity. 

I knocked on Austin's door as I walked in, "Hey," He said silently, his voice was hoarse. He had just woken up. 

"Did I wake you?" I ask as I walk over to the chair that was set right next to his bed. 

"No, I've been awake for a couple of minutes already," He smiles at me, "I missed you, kid." 

"I missed you too," I said with a smile

"So, how was it?" He eagerly asked.

"Where's Pamela?" No, I wasn't avoiding the question, I just wanted to know where Pamela was before I even say anything. I wanted to make sure this conversation doesn't get interrupted. 

"She went to the cafeteria," I couldn't do it now, "why?" 

"Just wondering," I smile, "So, when are you able to get out of here?" 

"In a few days, Oh, by the way, I had set up a meeting with a school for you to go to," he says as he grabs some papers that were on the table next to him. "I need you to sign these, though." 

"Am I signing my soul over to the school?" I ask as I grabbed the pile of papers. 

He chuckled, "it's mostly a lot of reading but I marked where you have to sign. You don't have to read it but it might be good if you do." 

I nod, "I'll get to it then," I said as I set the papers on my lap. 

"You don't have to do it now, the meeting isn't until next week," He says as he takes the stack of papers from me and sets them back on the bedside table. He looks back over to me, "now how did it go?" 

Just then Pamela walks in, "Hey! You're back!" she says with a huge grin. I smile and get up from my chair, I hug her. "We've missed you!" She says as we hugged. 

"I missed you guys too," I say as I let go of the hug. 

"Are you hungry? They're serving some delicious food in the cafeteria?" Pamela says.

"No, but I could go for dessert." 

She looks over to Austin, "We'll be back!" 

Austin just nods. 

I walk out with Pamela, "So, do you know what school Austin is having me apply to?" 

"It's a private school, don't worry you don't wear uniforms but you do stay until 5 instead of 3. Something about they have students stay to do homework and tutoring. I actually went to get the papers and the campus is pretty big and nice," She says with a smile, "I think you'll like it."