Chapter 21: Not Too Late to Turn Back

~~ Abigail's POV ~~ 

~ Next morning ~ 

I walk into Austin's room with my suitcase rolling behind me, "Hey, sweetheart, you all packed?" Austin asks as I sit down on the chair. 

"Yeah, Jake said he'd meet Alan and I here," I say as I turn to look out the window. The sun is awfully bright and it's a bit warm outside for October weather. But it's L.A. I shouldn't get too excited when it comes to fall weather it just gets my hopes up and I end up feeling like I am having a heat stroke at the end of the day whenever I wear a sweater. 

"You okay?" Austin asks snapping me out of my thoughts. 

I turn to look at him, I sigh, "I'm nervous." 

He nods, "I know you are, I am too." 

"You're lucky, though, you have to stay here; I wish I could just stay here and someone can go for me," I never thought in my life that I would end up here. 

"Sometimes, we do things in life we really don't want to do but once we get it over with we tend to think that the situation wasn't so bad," He smiles at me, "it's gonna be okay." 

Someone knocks on the door, the door opens and Jake and Alan walk in, "Alright!" Jake says with a smile on his face, "are we ready to get this show on the road?" 

I groan and lean back in my chair, "taking that as a no," Alan says as he grabs my suitcase. Alan quickly says his goodbye with Austin as Austin wishes Alan luck. 

Jake hands Austin a few papers, "This is the hotel we will be staying at and our flight schedules," He says as Austin takes a look at the papers, "Either Alan or I will keep you updated on everything." 

 Austin smiles, "Thanks for doing this." 

Jake nods, "I'll be outside," he says as he looks at me and walks out.

I get up from my chair, "It's not too late to cancel you know?" I say as I look at Austin.

He laughs and gestures me to him, I walk up to him and he hugs me, "It's going to be okay," He lets go of the hug, "Smile for me?" I plaster a smile on my face, "That's more like it!" He gives me a warm smile and sighs, "I want you to know that I really wish I could be there for you, okay?" 

I nod, "I know." 

"Alright, now go! Call me when you arrive at your hotel," He gives me one last hug and then I leave the room. 

No goodbye? Yeah, right now saying goodbye makes it seem like forever. 

~~ Airport ~~ 

I sit down next to Alan as we arrive at our gate, "Does anyone want anything from Starbucks?" 

"Pumpkin spice frap!" Alan says with a smile

"Typical white girl," I say as I walk over to Jake and whisper, "Get me the same thing," so Alan wouldn't hear. Jake nods and leaves, I walk back to Alan and sit down. 

"You got the same thing huh?" He asks 

"Shut up," I say as I grab my iPod and earphones.

"Before you put those in and ignore the world, can I ask something?" Alan asks 

I look at him, "Um, sure." 

"Are you sure you are okay?" 

I smile at him, "yeah!" I plug in my earphones and put them in, drowning out the sounds of people talking. 

A few moments later, Alan takes out one of my earphones and hands me my drink, "We're about to board," He says as he gets up. 

I grab my carry on and put my iPod in, I hear someone shouting but decided to ignore it as I followed Alan and Jake to the gate to enter the plan. The shouting was getting closer and the voice sounded familiar, I quickly turn around and see Aaron running towards us, "Aaron?" I ask as he catches up to me. 

Alan quickly stops in his tracks when he hears me call out Aaron, "Aaron, what are you doing here?" 

"I thought I should come with you guys, I want to be there for Abby," Aaron says as he hugs me. 

"Alright, well come on," Jake says as he smiles at me. 

I look over at Aaron, "Thank you," I smile and hand the flight attendant my ticket to scan. 

Knowing that I had people that were are willing to put their life on hold for me so I can meet a stranger who is supposed to be my biological father so he can sign away his rights so I can get adopted by someone who frankly this world doesn't deserve. That's right. We don't deserve Austin Carlile he is too good for this world. Anyways, I'm grateful for the Of Mice & Men family and I am so glad that I am a part of it. 

"Now, make sure your seatbelt is secured," Alan says as he tightens his seatbelt, "I ain't coming here to die." 

I laugh as I tighten my seatbelt as well, "Paranoid much?" I ask 

"Hey, better safe than sorry!" he says as he takes out some wireless headphones, "Let me know when the lady is coming around with snacks and drinks."

"Alan Ashby, you are not drinking any alcohol whatsoever during this trip," Aaron says strictly as he sits down next to Alan. I had the window seat so this made Alan in the middle while Aaron sat next to Alan at the end and Jake was in the next seat across the aisle or where you walk through... Not good with planes people! Plus I'm freaking out! 

"Like, whatsoever? Like nada?" Alan asks 

"Zero!" 

"Maybe it was a bad idea for you to join us," Alan says as he rolls his eyes at Aaron. 

Aaron sighs, "Maybe a little alcohol but when allowed." 

Alan fistbumps the air, "Now, as I said, let me know when the snack lady comes by," He puts on his headphones. 

"God help us," I groan as I felt the plane shift and begin to move. 

"It's gonna be okay," Aaron says as he smiles at me. 

I sure hope it will be. 

You guys. Austin followed me on twitter!! I can die happy now but I have to update my stories. 

I have been slow on updating but I have been dealing with a lot, mostly writer's block. 

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Comment if you have any ideas! Don't be shy! Message me even!