Chapter 3: Dad?

~ Abigail's POV~ 

Amanda punished me for the fight. A few whips on my back which will make awesome scars later. Note the sarcasm.  Jake soon came in my room explained to me that I was going to be locked in my room for a couple hours and I lost my dinner privileges for the day. He soon left my room locking it from the outside. My mind was all over the place. Why was Austin Carlile here at the orphanage? I wanted to tell Caroline so bad but I felt like I shouldn't, maybe it was personal and I shouldn't ruin it for him. I shouldn't go off and tell the whole world what I saw. 

I hear my door unlock and Amanda walks in, "Your father is here." 

"Wh-what?" I get up right away and walk out the room, I look down the stairs and there he was. My father talking to Jake, the man who abused me for years and took my innocence, never gave me the childhood a child deserved. That man had no right to be called father, he should have been called monster, "D-dad?" 

He looks up the stairs and smiles, "Hey, baby girl. Pack your things... You're coming home with daddy." 

My heart began to thump quickly at those words. No no no no. Do they not know everything that he has done to me? I need to do something quick! I nod, "Give me thirty minutes?" I ask 

He nods, "Don't take too long, baby girl." He smirks and I cringed at the words baby girl. 

I ran to my room, closing it behind me, I grab my duffle bag and put two pairs of clothes and a pair of socks, my picture of my mother and the phone charger. I really could live without my phone to be honest all I can do is call. I look around to see if I was forgetting something. I had to come up with a plan quick, I could sneak out the window and run as fast as I could. But where? I don't know. To wherever my feet led me. I sigh and look out the door, I listen to the voices that where coming from the kitchen. Now is my time. I grab my duffle bag and open the window, I slowly climb onto the tree that was near my window and climb my way down. Once I reach the ground I looked around to make sure I was not seen, thankfully I wasn't. I began running as fast as I could. Anywhere but here. 

~Austin's POV~

I called Alan and he told me that they would meet me at a restaurant in San Diego. Which I am currently at waiting for them. 

"Yo!" Alan says as he walks up and gives me a hug, "How you been with the final surgery and all?" 

"Great! I actually finished physical therapy yesterday." I smile at him

I have marfan syndrome and I had my final surgery about six weeks ago on my heart. It felt great just being able to know that everything is under control. 

"Where is the others?" 

before he could reply they come in through the door. We greeted each other and sat down. We ordered our food and joked around till it got to our table.  

"So the actual reason I wanted to talk to you guys was because umm.. well I'm just gonna say it. I want to adopt a kid and I have been visiting some orphanages around the city and in L.A., I've been thinking it over and all but today I went to an orphanage and I know I have found the kid I want to adopt but before I do adopt I wanted you guys to know and I wanted to know your opinions.." I say 

Alan looks at me, "Wow really?" I nod 

"Man that's great!" Phil says smiling

"Yeah man!" Aaron says and Tino nods. 

"Do you think you are ready for this? Like what caused you to want to adopt?" Tino asks 

"I just... with all the surgeries and with this big and final one I wanted to do something that I always wanted to do... and being a father is that thing. Since my divorce I was ecstatic about having a kid, but when she miscarried and we divorced I felt like I would never get the chance of being a father, I mean I knew I wouldn't be able to be there for the kid when it was born which is why I want to adopt so I can actually be there for the kid. She can go on tour with us, it's not like I haven't thought about everything." 

"She?" Alan asks

"Yeah, I always wanted a girl. I always thought having a girl would be cool, daddy's little girl, I can protect her and everything." 

"Well I'm all for it, bro." Tino says smiling. 

"We all are." Phil smiles 

"Thanks guys." I smile

"So you said you found the kid you wanted to adopt... Tell us about her." Aaron smiles

"Well I don't know much about her, she was in the office because she got in trouble for punching a girl at school, in which the kid was bullying the girls friend who had cancer." 

"Wow." Alan says as he finishes his food. 

"Her name is Abigail. Which is all I know. The care taker at the orphanage told me she was a problem child, to think about it very well before making any decisions."  I look at the guys as I take a sip from my water.

"Problem child?" I nod to Tino. 

"But I feel like that's what draws me to her. She needs help and I can be that help... We can. If you guys are willing to help me from time to time." 

"Austin, we are always here to help you." Phil says, "I think you should give it a try. You don't know if you don't do." 

"Thanks guys." I smile, "For being supportive of everything." 

Yo, so on the top is a picture of Abigail's dad! :) And I know my information about Austin's surgery may be incorrect but that's what I remember hearing and I am so proud of Austin for never giving up on everything. :)