Chapter 9: Who Dreamed Of A Little Home For Me.

Title Credit: Dream by Priscilla Ahn 

~Abigail's POV~ 

I walked into the house that Austin lives in, it is beautiful, stairs that led up to a second floor, a living room, a band room, a second living room on the second floor along with a hall leading to two extra guest rooms, a bathroom and Austin's room. The kitchen was a mother's dream. No words to explain it. He had just picked me up from the orphanage, Amanda was pretty mad at me yesterday since I got home late, She gave me a beating but it was my last one from her since today Austin signed the papers and I am officially his kid. Officially a Carlile. 

"It's beautiful." I say to Austin as I walked down the stairs from exploring the house. 

"You think so?" He smiles at me from the bottom of the stairs. 

I nod, "I've never been in such a beautiful home before... I feel so.. out of place! But don't get me wrong I love it here" I smile, He just bought the house a few days before the court date, it was still a 50/50 chance he would be able to adopt me but he had a gut feeling that I would end up a Carlile.

He smiles, "Well I guess" He picks up my bag, I didn't have much back at the orphanage, "It's time to show you your room!" He begins to walk up the stairs. 

"I just walked down! Should have just told me to stay up there!" I walk behind him as he chuckles.

"Oh boy, I adopted a lazy teenager!" He stops in front of a door that is across the hall from his, I didn't go in his room but I knew it was his because it was the only door different from the others, plus the bathroom door was open. 

I look at Austin then at the door, this is the start of a new life. A better one.

"Should we like say a speech or something?" We turn to see a ginger head Alan smiling at us. 

"How'd you ge-" 

Alan cuts off Austin by dangling some keys in front of him, "You gave me a spare key remember?" Austin nods, "So speech!" Alan looks at me. 

I look around the hall then at the door, "Opening that door well be a start of a new life. A better one, one where I can hopefully forget the past as I make a new past and a better future.." 

"That was deep." Alan smiles at me.

"Let's open this door then! If you don't like how I decorated it then we can always change it." Austin says as he stands in front of the door, "I tried my best to decorate it with the little things I knew about you." 

"Oh just open the door!" Alan says impatiently. 

Austin chuckles, "Alright well.." He looks at me, "Abigail Carlile... welcome to your new room." He opens the door to reveal a beautiful room. It was painted black with multi-colored christmas lights hanging from the corners, A bed with music note covers, posters of my favorite bands, a desk with a macbook on it, and so much more. 

"I love it!" I squeal as I walk around my room. 

"It also has a walk in closet!" Alan says grabbing my arm as he leads me to the walk in closet, which had more clothes than what my bag had. 

"How'd you know my sizes?" I ask looking at Alan and Austin.

"Caroline." Ausitn says smiling, "Like I said. That girl helps us out so much." 

I smile to myself, "She's such a great friend." 

"So do you want to make any changes in the room? I mean like the walls are basically chalk boards!" Austin says as he touches the walls. 

"Chalk!? OMG!" I grab a piece of chalk Alan held up and started to write lyrics on the walls.

"Taking that as she loved it..." Austin smiles 

"I already said I did!" 

"Told you she would!" Alan says to Austin

 "Whatever Ashby!" 

"Boys boys! Stop acting like children and leave my room so I can bask in the glory of this glorious room!" 

They both smile and hug me as before they leave my room, Austin closes my door as he leaves. I look around my room, it's a new start... A new family. It's all new. I turn on the macbook, setting it all up. I felt a little guilty that Austin spent money on me, I felt like I should pay him back. I go onto youtube and play the song Dream by Priscilla Ahn. I then began to unpack the little bit of stuff I had in my bag. I kept smiling as the music played, I was no longer in an orphanage, I was home. 

Having a great day so I decided to update!! I was able to print my tickets for Six Flags Magic Mountain! ^.^ Finally gonna have some fun before the summer ends and my senior year begins! Well hope you enjoyed the chapter! Comment ideas and areas of improvement, or basically anything! :) Peace out my minions!