Chapter 1: Adoption Centers

~Austin's POV~ 

I've been to many adoption centers in the past few months, no one knows about it but I am planning on adopting a kid. I've been missing something and I figured out that it was a kid, I always wanted to be a father even when I was a teenager but I knew I had to be old enough to know how to be responsible for myself and for another human being. Well I believe I am old enough, I am not getting any younger after all. I sigh to myself as I arrive to the adoption center, this is after all the sixth adoption center I have been to. This one is placed in San Diego, close to where my boys from Pierce the Veil live... Well they do live in San Diego but the adoption center is like twenty minutes away from them. I'm getting off topic now. I get off my car and walk up to the door, I then knock and a lady answers.

"Hi, My name is Austin.." I start off

"Ah yes! Come in! We've been expecting you." She says smiling. She stands to the side to let me in. I walk in and see how big the house is. Little kids running around. 

"Children, please!" A man says coming out from an office. 

The children stop running and start giggling as they make their way upstairs. 

"I am so sorry about that. My name is Jake and this is my wife Amanda." The man says as I shake his hand 

"Nice to meet you." I say as I smile 

"Come into my office and we can talk." Jake says as Amanda's phone begins to ring. 

I walk into the office and have a seat in of the chairs in front of the desk. 

~Abigail's POV~

I walk up to my locker as the lunch bell rings. I look at the words spray painted on my locker, "Skank" it said. I shook my head in disbelief. 

I hear laughter surrounding me and I turn around to see my worst enemy, "You had it coming, skank." 

I only tripped her by accident and now she decides to spray paint my locker? Immature. 

"You know what? You're a bitch, Tiffany!" My Friend Caroline says to her 

"Oh look, baldy is stepping up for the cowardly lion." Tiffany says as she fakes a frown. 

"Shut the fuck up!" I yell to Tiffany, "She has cancer okay? You don't make fun of cancer, bitch!" 

"Oh so now you speak huh? So what do you think of my artwork, skank?" She smirks.

I shook my head, "No? No what, bitch! Speak up! Come on! We all know how much you want to fight me! So fight me!" Soon people began chanting the word fight as Tiffany throws the first punch. I soon began punching her back but Caroline holds me back. "I hope your fucking cancer friend dies so then you will be all alone in misery!" Tiffany says as she gets up and wipes the blood from her mouth. "And you know what? She's a skank just like you." 

"Abby, don't listen to her." Caroline says 

Tiffany starts walking up but my anger just boils up, "Fuck you, Tiffany!" I run to her and pin her to the ground and begin punching her, letting my anger out. But I was dragged off her by a security guard. 

"She started this, Mrs. Bing!" Tiffany says as our principle, Mrs. Bing, helps her up. 

"Take her to my office." Mrs. Bing tells the security guard that his holding my arm tightly. 

The security guard waits with me in the principals office. 

"so why'd you do it?" He asks

"She was talking shit about my best friend... My best friend has cancer." I say looking at him 

He scoffs and walks out the room as Mrs. Bing walks in. 

"I called your foster mother and she is on her way to pick you up.. But you are now suspended for two weeks, Abigail. I will not tolerate this behavior in my school no longer. We have given you many warnings." I nod and look around her room, "You can wait in the lobby." I sigh and get up and wait in the lobby for my foster mother. I know I am going to get it when I get home.