Chapter 2: Thoughts

~Abigail's POV~ 

I sit in the car in silence, "I'm sorry." I say trying to break the thickness of the deafening silence. 

"Jake is gonna have a fit about this, Abigail! Another fight? Did you not remember from last times punishment!? Huh!?" I don't say a word, "Hello!?! Anyone in there?!" She says as she knocks on my forehead lightly. 

"Apparently, not." I say looking at her

"Exactly. And you are suspended as well! Come on, Abigail! You won't be getting anywhere in life like this!" She yells at me as we arrive at the house. I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt and run towards the house with her on my heels. 

I run inside, "Abigail Marie, get your ass back here right now!" Amanda says as she points to the floor right next to Jakes office. The door was closed so he was in there with a client listening to all this. I walk towards Amanda. 

"What is going on out here?" Jake says as he pokes his head out from the door, "Abigail, what are you doing home from school?" 

"Oh wait 'till you hear about this, Jake!" Amanda says grabbing my arm and dragging me inside his office. I was correct he had a client. "I am so sorry, Mr. Carlile but this is important and well maybe a little embarressment will teach the child a lesson." Amanda says looking at him. 

Mr. Carlile? That's so cool he has the same last name as Austin Carlile! I try to get a glimpse of the mans face but he turns to look at me, oh shit it is him! This is not the time to fangirl. 

"it's totally fine.." He says as he gives me a smile. 

I smile back. 

"Now what happened?" Jake asks, crossing his arms and leaning on his desk. 

"She punched a girl!" Amanda yells 

Jake looks at me, "Care to explain?" 

"Hey, on my defense she punched me first, she asked me to fight her. I was pretty anger at her for writing shit on my locker but I didn't want to fight but she kept on and on so when she punched me I punched her back and then Caroline-" 

"Caroline!? I told you that girl was a bad influence!" Amanda says interrupting my words. 

"Let me finish! She isn't a bad influence and you can't talk about my best friend like that! Caroline held me back during the fight! She stopped it so you can't say she was a bad influence!" I yell at Amanda. 

"Is that it?" Jake asks still looking at me. I look over at Austin who was just sitting there listening to everything. He seemed a bit interested in the conversation. 

"No..." I sigh and keep explaining, "Then Tiffany started saying awful things about Caroline and she started making fun of her about her having cancer and it pissed me off. That's when Tiffany began to walk away but I was too angry to just let her walk away so I ran up to her and began punching her... this time for Caroline. No one makes fun of someone with cancer. Especially if they are my best friend" I look at Jake with tears in my eyes, "I am sorry for loosing my cool but I did what I had to do and I don't regret beating the bitch up." 

"We do not use that kind of language in my household. Now I know Tiffany personally and she does not seem the kind of girl to be doing and saying those kinds of things! Now you on the other hand.. Ha. you are troubled child." Amanda says to me as she places her hands on her hips. 

I look at Austin and he gives me a empathetic look, "I said I was sorry." I say looking at Amanda

"Sorry does not cut it! You gave the girl a concussion." 

"She wrote that I was a skank on my locker! And no one does shit about that!" 

"Language!" Jake yells at me. 

"Ahh fuckity fuck fuck fuck!" I was getting angry that they were siding with Tiffany. 

"Abigail Marie Mendez!" Amanda looks at me 

"My last name is not Mendez." I say sitting down on the chair by the wall. 

~Austin's POV~ 

"Language!" Jake yells at the girl 

"Ahh fuckity fuck fuck fuck!" She yells back. I had to control my laughter as I looked away. 

"Abigail Marie Mendez!" Amanda says to her as she looks at her 

"My last name is not Mendez." the girl says as she sits on a chair by the wall. I honestly felt bad for the girl it wasn't her fault. 

"Amanda, can you deal with her? I have a client." Jake says getting up and walking towards his seat. 

"No problem. Come on, Abigail." 

Abigail sighs and walks past me.

I smile at her, "Good luck out there, kiddo." 

She chuckles, "Thanks. I need it." I wink at her and she walks out the door. 

"I am so sorry you had to see all that. But we-" 

"I'm interested." 

"Wh-what?" He asks looking at me confused.

"In Abigail." I say 

"Are you sure? She has been such a problem for us for a long time. She's a problem child, bad background." 

"Look I can think about it for a few days but I am pretty sure the kid I am looking for is her.. I've never met a kid like her and I know a kid like her needs a father like me to help them.." 

Jake sighs and nods, "Think about it, Austin... come back in a few days and we will talk about it.. okay?"

I nod and get up. I shake Jakes hand, "Thank you." and walk out the house into my car. Time to visit Alan and actually talk about the whole situation with the whole band.