Chapter 4: Two Weeks Later

~Abigail's POV~ 

I saw a few flyers on telephone poles as I walked, some had my picture on it and some just had my name and information. It's been a couple weeks since I ran away, I grab my duffle bag and walk down the sewer, it is the safest way to not get caught by police. I sit down in a spot which seemed a bit clean. I unzipped my duffle bag and grab my picture of my mother and me, i break the glass on the portrait and I fold the photo, placing it in my pocket. 

I had my mothers locket which had another photo of me and her but I kept that in my shoe. I grab my locket and put it around my neck. I sigh to myself and grab a broke piece of glass, placing it gently on my wrist as the blood starts to form around it giving it a crisp look, it was a thrill to me. Seeing my own blood as chemicals signaled my brain like it was a drug. It is an addiction, An addiction of playing Russian roulette with death. I pull down my sleeves after I place a few more battle wounds on my wrist. I grab my duffle bag and leave the sewer to the bus station. 

Again I look around to see some flyers of me, I quickly run to them taking them down. I put my hoodie up and look down, not making eye contact with anyone. Someone bumps into me and runs off with my duffle bag. 

"Hey!" I run after the guy with the hoodie, "He stole my bag!" I yell but no one does anything about it. 

I loose the guy when I turn the corner. Tears force themselves out and I sigh, I now have no money considering that all I had left was $20 and it was in my duffle bag. 

"Shit. Now what?" I say to myself and I begin to walk around the pier area of San Diego. 

~Austin's POV~

I have been helping Jake putting flyers up, Alan has been helping us as well while the others look around the cops say they really couldn't do anything about the situation. Jake told me she ran away when her father came back for her, couple days after her father was arrested for drug and women trafficking. I was worried about her even though I didn't know a single thing about her except her name. I asked Jake about her background but he said that she would have to be the one to tell me. 

"I'm all out of flyers." Alan says as he walks up to me. 

"Same." I say, "Jake we're going to head off and look around. Call me if you find her?" 

"I will." I nod and start walking off, " Oh, Austin..." I turn around and look at Jake, "You really care about her don't you?" Jake asks

I nod, "I may not know a single thing about her except her name but I feel like I know every little detail about her." He just stares at me, "I know it doesn't make sense but... I really want to adopt her." 

"You'll make a great father, Austin." Jake walks off and I smile. 

"Let's go." Alan says as he turns around and begins walking. 

~Abigail's POV~ 

I make my way down an alley, I seriously hate alleys but the sidewalks are seriously crowded at this time of the day. The alley was disgusting but sometimes some trash bins had food that has not been touch, you'd be surprised what you'd find. I began rummaging in one of the trash bins behind a supermarket, when I heard a crash. I turn around and find no one in sight, I shrug it off thinking it was a cat. I heard footsteps but I thought it was from people on the sidewalks but I was wrong. I soon felt something pushing my side, I turned to see a guy with a hoodie. I look down on my side and saw a gun. 

"Crap." I say as I lift my hands up. 

"Give me your money." He demands as he pushes the gun further into my side. 

"I'm sorry but I don't have any money, someone stole it from me already.." I say as tears began to form 

"Shit!" I look at his face as he begins to panic. 

"Just shoot her! Come on!" A guy says from the end of the alley, I'm guessing he was the lookout 

"Please don't shoot me!" I beg and the guy holding the gun freezes. I could move but I can't I'm frozen with fear. 

"Ah fuck." The guy at the end of the alley comes running up to us, he gets out his own gun. 

"NO! Please!" I yell but it was too late, a loud bang rang through my ears and the breathe in my lungs leave me, I look down and see the blood starting to pour out. I look up and see the men running the opposite direction as people on the sidewalk begin to run. I fall the ground as blood begins to make its way to my mouth. 

"Oh my god! Someone call 911!" I hear some girl yell as I look up and notice it was Caroline. 

"Car-caroline?" I place my hand on her cheek. 

"It's me, Abby. It's okay... It's going to be okay." I hear footsteps. 

"Yeah she's bleeding a lot. Umm we are on the alley of umm.." the guy says into the phone

"the alley behind the Lang Supermarket on Ming Ave." Caroline says, "Tell them to hurry, Tino!" 

"Tino?" I ask as my vision begins to blur. 

"Abby, stay with me!" I felt Caroline beginning to slap my face as the darkness takes a toll on me.