Chapter 22: It Just Feels Like Forever

~~ Abigail's POV ~~ 

I felt someone's hand shake me awake, I look around and realize that Alan has been carrying me this whole time, "Where are we?" I ask as Alan sits me down on the ground. 

"We just arrived to the airport," Jake says as he hands me one of my bags. 

"So, what's the plan?" I ask as I look over at the guys

"Well, we're gonna check-in the hotel and get settled then we will make our way towards the place where your biological father has agreed to meet us at," Jake says, he walks into the building. 

I quickly follow him, we check in to our rooms, Aaron and I shared one while Alan and Jake shared another that was across the hall. Both bedrooms were identical. Two queen size beds, a balcony that look into the city, a small kitchen, a very fancy bathroom and a huge T.V. 

"I have to call Austin," I say as I place my bags on my bed. 

"Alright, I'm gonna shower and get ready for later," Aaron says as he grabs some clothes and walks into the shower. 

I got my phone out and dialed Austin's number, it rang once, "Hey!" I heard Austin say

"Hey, we just got to the hotel," I say as I smile

"How are you liking New York so far?"

I sigh, "It's okay, I guess." 

"Everything okay?" His voice changed, it sounded more soft. 

"We're going to meet him later today, I don't want to, Austin. I really don't. I'm scared to face him." 

"Hey, he isn't like Steve okay? This guy gave you life and he just wants to meet you so he could sign the papers.. it's gonna be okay." 

"Doesn't feel like it," I mumble as I lay down on the bed, I heard the shower turn off, "I'm gonna go get ready to shower now, I'll talk to you tomorrow." 

"Alright, I love you, sweetie," he says as he sighs

"Love you too," I hang up and place my phone on the bed, I get up and unpack my clothes into the drawers next to the bed and grab the clothes I would use for the meeting. I decided on a Blue skater dress that has long sleeves and some flats. 

Aaron came out of the bathroom in black skinny jeans and a black button up shirt, "I'm going to Alan and Jake's I'll be back in a bit." 

I nod and walk into the bathroom. 

Jake came into the room once I was finished getting ready, "Ready?" 

I nod and sigh, "Let's get this over with." 

We all got a cab to the address my biological father gave us. The cab stopped in front of a fancy looking restaurant, we all got off and went inside, "He told us to wait for him," Jake says as we sat down on some couches at the entry. 

"Do you know what he looks like?" I asked Jake.

He nods, "I'll know who he is when I see him," He smiles at me. 

"Nervous?" Alan asks as he sits right next to me

I nod, "Terrified." 

I heard the door open, I looked down, I don't even want to look up. I hear Jake stand up from the couch, "Alan?" 

Alan looks up, "Shayley?" 

I look up and see Shayley Bourget, "you must be Adam," Jake says as he shakes Shayley's hand.

"Adam? His name is Shayley," Alan says as he stands up.

"I can explain," Shayley says as he looks at me, "Is that her?" He looks at Jake who nods, "She looks so much like her mother," He takes in a deep breath and walks over to me. I stand up as he engulfs me into hug, "I'm sorry," he says as he lets out a shaky breath. 

"We should go to our table," Aaron says as he stands up. 

Everyone nods, We follow shayley as he tells the waitress the reservation name. We then all sat down at our table, "Alright, I want an explanation," Alan says as voice became more rough. He sounded angry. 

Shayley sighs, "My real name isn't Shayley Bourget, it's actually Adam Gonzalez. I met her," he looks over to me, "mother when I was really young, I was only 16 and in high school, her mother was 23 and a substitute teacher at my high school. We had a forbidden relationship which ended with her getting pregnant, she got married to some guy in order to cover it all up but there were still rumors about me and her so when I wanted to get into the music industry I changed my name to Shayley Bourget. Yet, I use my actual name Adam Gonzalez for my fathers company." 

I look over to Alan, "how are we gonna tell Austin?" 

"Austin? How is he?" Shayley asks 

"He's good," Alan says, "He's um.. he would of been here but he can't so we decided to fill in for him, to make sure the papers were signed." 

Shayley looks over to me, "So, Austin is going to adopt you?" I nod, "I can't get over how much you look like her." 

"Why don't you say her name?" I ask 

Just as he was about to reply the waitress comes over to take our drink order. I looked over my menu as I ordered a Dr. Pepper, I then looked at the food section to decide what I wanted to eat even though at the moment I am not hungry. I mean, I just found out that Shayley Bourget might be my father! I mean, I used to look up to this dude! Still do! 

"So, I am sensing that you guys know..." Jake hesitates, "Shayley here from a while back?" he then looks over to Shayley, "Will that be effecting your decision to sign the adoption papers?" 

Shayley looks at Jake, "Um," then at me, "I just want to spend one full day with her... alone before I do sign them." 

Alan scoffs, "That's not even a for sure yes." 

"Alan," Aaron warns. 

"How long will a DNA test results take?" I ask Jake 

"Well, we can go to the nearby hospital and get the DNA test today and get results within 3 days," Jake says as he gives me a reassuring smile, "Is that okay with you Shayley?" 

Shayley nods, "It's perfectly fine with me." 

The waitress came back with our drinks and took our orders and left. 

"So, Abigail.." Shayley smiles, "Your mother always talked about wanting to name her first daughter that, it was her grandmothers name," 

"I didn't know that," I say, "Was she close to her grandmother?" 

"When she was younger, yes. Her grandmother would take care of her up until she was ten which was when her grandmother died," He sighs, "What happened to your mother?" 

I look down and sigh, "I was only 3 years old when she passed away," I look at Shayley who was giving me a sincere look, I began to play with my mother's locket that I had around my neck, "She was killed in a car accident." 

He sighs, "I know I keep saying this but you do look a lot like her." 

I nod, "I know," I smile. 

I could tell Alan and Aaron weren't liking this at all and I don't blame him. They're afraid Shayley will rethink everything and leave Austin heart broken. But honestly, I don't care that Shayley might be my biological father, I want Austin to be my dad. I want him to be my family. Not anyone else.