Chapter 18: Pamela

~~ Abigail's POV ~~

I get out of the shower and dress into jeans and a long sleeve star wars shirt. I walk downstairs to find Austin cutting up some veggies in the kitchen, "You smell good," he says as he walks up to me and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Thank you," I say as I watch him cook, "When is Pamela getting here?"

"An hour or so," he says as he places all the veggies into a bowl.

"I can't believe you made two lasagna's within thirty minutes," I go to the counter and look into the trash can, I take out the cardboard that the lasagna was once in, "Alan came didn't he?" I say holding up the cardboard box.

"Pamela doesn't need to know," he says as he puts the cardboard back into the trash, "I realized that I didn't know how to cook lasagna and that it may take a lot longer than I wanted it to if I made it fresh so I had Alan pick up two types of lasagna's for me."

I shake my head, "Told you so," I say as laugh

"Oh shush," He smiles at me, "anyways, you excited to meet Pamela?"

I nod, "What about you? You nervous?"

"Of course I'm nervous. My little girl is gonna meet the girl I'm dating, it's quite nerve-wracking and I've never thought I would ever go through this but I'm glad I am," he smiles at me.

"You still consider me your daughter even though the adoption isn't complete," I say as I watch him set the table.

"Of course, I do. Even though the adoption isn't complete it doesn't mean I consider you as a daughter, I've told you that."

"I know, I just... I never thought that someone could love me as a daughter again and it's taking me a while to get adjusted to it," it will wake me a while.

He nods, "Help me set the table," he says handing me some plates

"Four plates?" I ask

"In case Alan decides to barge in and use the 'I was just around the neighborhood' excuse so he can eat our food," I nod.

"That boy can eat," I say as I place the plates on the table.

"Tell me about it," Austin says as he chuckles, "I feel like I'm constantly feeding him."

The doorbell suddenly rings, I look at Austin as he looks towards the hallway entrance, "Should I go get it or should you?"

He looks at me quickly, "I'll go and get it," he says as he walks out of the kitchen. 

I think Austin feels more nervous than I do at the moment. But at the moment my palms felt extra sweaty, I dry them as quickly as I could on my pants as I hear Austin greet someone at the door with a small laughter, I hear their footsteps come closer to the kitchen. 

Austin smiles at me while the girl who I assume is Pamela stands next to him, she smiles at me, "You must be Abigail," she says walking up to me and shaking my hand.

"The one and only," I say smiling, "It's nice to meet you..." I waited for her to tell me what she would prefer to be called. 

"You can call me Pamela, sweetie," She says smiling. 

"Well, dinner is almost ready. Abigail, why don't you show Pamela the house while I finish setting everything up?" Austin asks 

I nod, "Okay," I look over to Pamela, "Follow me," I say 

She nods and follows me to the living room, "This is the living room where we do most of our living," I say gesturing to the living room, "Would you like to see upstairs first?"