Chapter 16: I Don't Know What to Believe

~~ Abigail's POV ~~ 

I get out of the shower, and change into some jean shorts and regular shirt

 I walk out of the bathroom after drying my hair, I didn't hear any noises or smell anything coming from the kitchen, was the food ready already? How long did I take!? 

I walk into the kitchen to see Austin sitting down at the table with Jake, "Um, hi?" I say to let them know I was in the room. 

They both turn to look at me, "It's nice to see you again, Abigail," Jake says as he smiles

"Same to you," I look at Austin as he looks at the floor then I look back at Jake, "Don't mean to be rude but uh why are you here?" 

Jake sighs and looks at Austin who just nods, "Abigail, I am sorry to inform you but the person who you thought of as your biological father is not your biological father," I looked over at Austin who was looking at me with a pained look.

"What do you mean?" 

"We don't know who your father is," Jake say as he sighs

I wanted to sob, it felt like I couldn't breathe, I heard Jake speak but his words made no sense. 

I felt someone wrap their arms around me, it was Austin, and he just set off the bomb. I sobbed like I never have before, I let all the held in tears that have been kept for many years out, the man I thought gave me DNA was not my father. He is now a complete stranger and I felt like one as well. This meant I can charge him for all the things he has done to me, I can have some sort of peace. But so many questions came to my mind. 

"I feel like I don't even know who I am," I sobbed out as Austin rubbed my back

"I know," He whispers as he kisses my forehead. 

"We'll find your real father, Abigail. We'll get him to sign the papers even if it means that we have to get a court order," Jake says 

"Does this mean I have to go back to stay with you?" I ask Jake as I let go of Austins hug

Jake gives me a small smile, "the judge is allowing you to stay with Austin on the condition that he gets his license to become a foster parent within the time period the judge has given him. So, that means Austin will be your foster parent until we find your biological father and we officially sign the papers," it all sounded so complicated but I was glad that there was some sort of happiness within this situation. Jake looks at both of us and smiles, "I'll call you tomorrow, Austin, with more information." Jake leaves the house.

"Are you okay?" Austin asks

"I wonder if my mother is even my real mother," I say as I walk into the living room and sit on the couch.

"Don't think those things, sweetie," Austin sits next to me. 

But it's hard not to think those things, I can't control my mind from wandering off, I can try but I can't succeed. 

~~ Time skip ~~ 

~~ Two weeks later/ Abigail's POV ~~ 

"What do you mean I have to see him?" I ask Jake as Austin and I sat in his office discussing how to find my real biological father. 

"In order to find your biological father, you have to speak to Steven." 

"Why me? Why can't you speak to him?" 

"Because we know he will tell you what he knows, you have a connection with him," Jake says as he sighs. 

Connection? What connection? There is none.