Chapter 5: Hospitals...

~Austin's POV~ 

My phone rang as me and Alan were walking down the street towards the burger place at the corner, "Hello?" 

"um Austin! It's Caroline, Abby's friend! Tino told me to call you. We found her." She sounded like she was panicking. 

"You did?!" I stop walking and place my hand on Alan's chest to stop him. 

"Yeah but uh.." She begins to sob. 

"Caroline? Is everything okay, sweetie!?" I ask but she didn't reply.

I hear muffled voices, "Austin! Dude! You need to get to the hospital quick!" Tino says into the phone. 

"What!? Why?!" I ask as I start walking back to my car

"I'll explain at the hospital! Quick! The hospital downtown." He hangs up. 

"What's going on?" Alan asks.

"We need to get to the hospital." I say as I start to run to the car, Alan begins to run as well. 

~~~ 

We arrive at the hospital and walk towards the E.R.

"Where are they?" I ask 

Suddenly the doors fly open and Phil runs in behind the paramedics who had Abigail on the gourney. 

"Oh my god." Alan says 

"She's going into V-fib!" A paramedic says as the run pasts us. 

I start to run behind them but Phil stops me as I get to the door. 

"Push one of epi!" A nurse says 

"Defib!" A doctor says as he grabs the things they use to shock people, I hear the heart monitor began the long beep, "Clear!" He yells as everyone takes their hands off her and he places the paddles on her chest, making her body jump with the electrical shock and her heart start again. 

I sigh, "What happened?" I look at everyone

"We heard a gun shot." Aaron starts

"and I found her in the alley, she was the one that was shot.." Caroline says as she wipes away her tears. 

I sigh and sit down at the lobby, "God, please let her make it... I need her, I may not know nothing about her but... I just feel like she needs to be in my life." I say as I look up to where I believe heaven is. 

I hear someone sit next to me, "Her favorite color is blue." 

I turn around and see Caroline looking at me with a reassuring smile, "What?" I ask 

"Her favorite color... it's blue. Now you know something about her." She smiles

I smile back, "Thanks." 

She sighs, "She hates needles, like absolutely hates them and semi-trucks. She freaks out when she is in a car and there is a semi-truck next to the car in the freeway. But she doesn't show her fear, she keeps it in like all her other emotions." I stare at her for her to continue, "Bees she hates them as well, she could live without them. That's also including wasps and bumblebees. Oh and she loves green bean casserole, her favorite holiday is Christmas but then it's also Thanksgiving. Her favorite chips are hot cheetos lemon and lemon lays. She love dr. pepper and she is in love with animals. Like seriously, take her to a zoo and you loose her to another world." I smile gratefully for her to be telling me these things. 

"Ah! She loves Star Wars, has loved star wars ever since she was like five." She says 

"Okay now I definitely want to adopt her." I say smiling and she chuckles. 

"But most importantly... She loves you. The band. Music. It saved her life and she is so grateful for music to be even invented. You guys are like her second favorite band or maybe even her first. I don't know you and Pierce the Veil are tied in that category." 

"Thank you." I smile, "I needed that. I feel like I at least know a bit of her now." 

"You're welcome..." She looks down, "She was 3." 

"She was 3?" Phil asks

"When her mom died and she was 10 when her father abandoned her at the orphanage." She looks at us, "I've been her best friend since before we were born. Like literally, our moms met a le ma's class." 

"You're a good friend... you know that?" Alan says smiling and I nod agreeing with Alan.

"Thanks." She smiles 

~~~ 

We've been waiting for hours, I'd occasionally get up and walk around pacing. Jake arrived an hour after we got to the hospital. Finally a doctor walked our way, "Who is the caretaker for Ms. Mendez?" He asked looking at us. 

Jake stands up, "I am but he is planning on adopting her." He points to me. 

I stand up as well, "Well then I will tell you both. She suffered a lot of trauma but she will be perfectly fine. Severe blood loss but perfectly fine, She should heal up just fine in a couple of months." 

I smile, "Thank God! Can we go see her?" I ask

The doctor nods, "Room 204." 

"Thank you." Jake says to the doctor. The doctor nods and walks away.

"Caroline.. You can go ahead and see her first." I say to Caroline. 

"You sure?" she asks and I nod. 

She smiles, "Thank you." And leaves to the elevator. 

I don't know what to say to Abigail when I see her... Hi, my name is Austin Carlile well you probably already know that but I want to adopt you. Get well soon!  I sigh and shake my head. I can't say that..

"Dude, why didn't you go?" Tino asked me

"I need some time to think... I'm going for a walk." I say as I leave the lobby and walk towards the cafeteria. Think.