Chapter 6: Praying It All Would Go Away..

~Abby's POV~ 

I felt this urge to cry, where was I? Okay think back... Alley... gun.. shot... Okay I was shot by some guy who was scared. I remember Caroline finding me with some guy named Tino. 

But why can't I move? Why is it so dark? 

"Hey, abby... It's me Caroline." I hear Caroline's shaky voice. She sounded as if she was crying, "You need to wake up okay? You have a chance of being loved. Someone wants to adopt you and this person. Gosh this person didn't know a single thing about you and he still didn't stop searching for you when you ran away. Now if that isn't love then I don't know what is. Remember in class when we were having a greek lesson on love? And our teacher used a fathers love as an example for agape? Well this guys love is that example." 

I felt someone hold my hand, "So I'm gonna need you to wake up because he is out there waiting to come in." She chuckles, "You wouldn't guess who it was if I told you... I love you, Abigail. You are my best friend and always will be. I need to go now. I have Chemo in a couple of hours so I have to rest up." I felt someone kiss my forehead then I heard footsteps leaving the room. 

I need to wake up, what if this is my chance in finding the father the family I deserve? But Do I deserve a family?

~Austin's POV~ 

Caroline walks out from the elevator, "I have to go home and rest now..." She says, I nod and hug her. 

"Thank you, Caroline... for everything." She nods and leaves with her parents

I sigh and walk towards the elevator, to Abigail's room. 

I see her, a tube down her through, different types of IV's in her arms, so many wires. It hurt me to see her like this. I sat down next to her bed and held her hand, it felt so cold and it was small compared to my hand, "Hey, there. So umm you probably do or do not know me but umm... my name is Austin Carlile. I scream in the band called Of Mice & Men... wait you do know who I am. I forgot. Oh gosh I am just nervous. I remember when I first saw you, Amanda was scolding you for beating up a girl. Which I instantly knew you needed a father figure in your life... One who will love and care for you. Well I hope to be that for you. I want to be there for you when you scrape your knee or when a boy breaks your heart. What I am trying to get at is that... I want to adopt you." 

I knew I wasn't going to get any form of response but it surprised me when I felt her hand tighten her grip as I held it. 

"did you just do that?" I ask her, "Okay you need to do that again... Can you hear me?" She tightens her grip again and I smile, "good to know you are listening." 

I ended up falling asleep by her bedside, waiting for her to wake up. 

~ Abby's POV~ 

I can't believe it, Austin Carlile wants to adopt me. This must be some kind of dream. I just can't believe it. 

I start to hear soft snoring coming from the room, okay someone is asleep. 

Brain you need to do whatever you do to tell my eyes to open! Please! 

After a few minutes or hours or who knows how long, I slowly open my eyes, my vision is blurry at first. I try to pick up my hand but it was being held by someone after a few pulls my hand is free. I then rub my eyes and see Austin Carlile looking back at me. 

"You're awake." He says and I nod.

He runs out the room, a few minutes later he comes back with a nurse, "Wow she is awake." the nurse says as she starts to check my heart beat. then checks my temp, and the wires. 

"Looks like someone will be recovering just fine. Your blood pressure is still low so we will have a blood transfusion in just a few minutes for you okay, sweetheart?" I nod at the nurse, she smiles and leaves. 

Leaving me alone with Austin, I begin to sit up but I wince in pain, "Be careful." He says as he helps me sit up, "You will be in pain for a while." 

I nod, "Did you really mean what you said?" I blurt out

He nods, "I want to adopt you, Abigail.." 

"You know nothing about me.." 

He sighs and sits down, "I know a few things. Caroline told me a couple things like your favorite things and such." 

"Did she tell you about my mom?" 

he nods, "Died when you were three?" He asks as I look down and nod, "Your father abandoned you at ten?" 

"Yeah." I bite my lip to feel at least a little pain. 

"I want to adopt you... I promise I will never hurt you." 

"that's what they all say." I mumble low enough so he won't hear me

"what?" He asks 

I shake my head, "Nothing." I remembered what Caroline told me, I sigh, "Okay." 

"Okay?" 

"You can adopt me.." I look at him, "If you want." 

"Of course I want to! I will call Jake so we can start the process!" He says grabbing his phone, he kisses my forehead, "I will be the best dad ever. I promise." He whispers to me, then he leaves to call Jake. 

I wipe away a silent tear, "Just give him a try." I say to myself, "He saved my life before. He can save my life again... but this time he will be by my side instead of in my earphones." I smile to myself. This time a real smile. I'm getting adopted.