Zero; Wikipedia

VALENTINA RIVERA

Valentina Angelique Rivera (born January 10th 1985) is an American actress. She is best known for her role as Jane Villanueva in the CW comedy-drama series Jane the Virgin, for which she has been nominated for three Golden Globe Awards for Best Actress - Television Series Musical or Comedy, winning in 2015. She also portrayed roles as Majo Tenorio in musical-drama film Filly Brown, and Beverly in the soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful, and as Andrea Fleytas in Deepwater Horizon.

Early Life

Rivera was born in Chicago, Illinois, as the only child of Puerto Rican parents: Alondra and Diego Rivera. She was raised in the Belmont Cragin neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side. At the age of seven, Rivera performed at the salsa dance company Fantasia Juvenil. She continued dancing salsa until age 17. At the age of 16, she was among thirteen teenagers to be accepted into Columbia University's Theatrical Collaboration. She attended NYU's Tisch School of the Arts. She had four years of training at the Atlantic Theatre Company and Experimental Theatre Wing, graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 2006. She portrayed Frida Kahlo in the world premiere of Casa Blue in the United Kingdom in the play called The Last Moments in the Life of Frida Kahlo at the American Stage Theatre.

---