Izaac or Isabella

I don't usually hate people. But there was this girl at my school, who ticked me off to no end. Every time I saw her, she made hatred boil in my gut, but i couldn't pinpoint why.

She had good grades, some of the best actually. She was fairly pretty, but wasn't a bitchy popular. She was fit, and could arm wrestle anyone, and she always hung out with these two blonde boys, who I think were Jason and Will, or something like that.

Now I had a major crush on Will, although I knew barely anything about him, he to me was beautiful. But that wasn't the reason I hated Annabeth, because Annabeth apparently had a boyfriend.

I had thought long and hard, but could not understand why I hated Annabeth, or why she seemed so familiar.

I was walking to lunch, when I passed Jason, who was carrying a sword of some sort. I spun around and looked down at his hand, but all I saw was a weird coin. I stared, but tried to convince myself that it was just a trick of the light.

Feeling on edge, I made my way to the lunch room. I was so distracted that I ran into someone.

"Hey, I'm sorry-" I started, but took a step back when I saw that it was Annabeth. Suddenly something flashed, a memory, and I remembered something. Her hair. I had seen it before. Not at school but through the window of, "A helicopter. You were there," I said, staring at Annabeth, with a new found light. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Excuse me?" she said alarmed.

"A helicopter. You were there," I said again. "You drove the helicopter. My dad. We were trying to escape. He said we had to leave. I didn't know why, but you took our helicopter." Realization flooded through me, and I took another step away from her. Her eyes widened and she seemed slightly guilty.

"I... I'm sorry about that," she said softly.

"Sorry?" I asked my voice rising. "Oh you're sorry. Well sorry doesn't cut it. We didn't have a car. The helicopter was our only way out. My dad," I broke off, tears forming in my eyes. "And to think I felt guilty, because I hated you for no reason. You got my father killed."

Remorse took over her face, and she looked down at her hands. "Izzy look-"

"I prefer Izacc. I gave up Isabella when my dad died. Izacc was my dad's name."

Annabeth nodded and started again. "Izacc look. If I hadn't at the time, thousands maybe millions of others might have died. I am so sorry that it took your father's life."

"Others might have died. Which others? Why? Explain now."

"Okay. Okay, but we need to get some place safe. Do you know your mother?"

Surprised and confused by the question, I simply shook my head. Annabeth nodded, like it had confirmed a theory, then motioned for me to follow her.

With a sigh, I ran after her. We bumped into Jason, and again I saw the sword. "This might sound crazy but that is a sword right? Not a coin," I asked him. He seemed bewildered by my question, but before he could answer Annabeth said,

"Yeah. It can be both. We haven't got time for this. We must get to camp, before any monsters show up. Where's Will?"

Jason shrugged, but my heart skipped a beat. Maybe this was my chance to finally get closer to the beautiful blonde boy. He came round the corner, and Annabeth called out to him.

"Is there anyway you could get Nico to come and shadow travel us out?" she asked. Her question made no sense to me but he seemed to understand.

"Nope. He's not allowed any underworldly stuff until he's fully better from foolishly calling those skeletons when he was on strict orders not to. So, doctor's orders, it's a no."

Annabeth nodded, while letting out a laugh. "Fine then we'll take the car. But I'm driving," she said, and we all followed her outside.

"He was just trying to protect you," said Jason, with a grin.

"Well I was fine. But he was out for three days. Three whole days. Do you know how scary that was?" countered Will.

Jason sighed but still grinned. "Well he's better now. Thanks to you."

"I barely did anything," said Will.

Jason raised his eyebrows. "You've brought him and so many others back from the brink of death. Yeah sure, you did barely anything. Anymore of this talk and I'm getting him to kick your but when we get back to camp."

Will grinned. "It'll be great to see him again. We haven't been to camp in ages," he said, as we all got in the car. Jason grinned, and so did Annabeth.

I felt proud that Will had saved so many people. He was going to make such a good boyfriend, and I started planning how I was going to get him in my head. I felt annoyed and jealous of whoever this Nico guy was, for stealing Will's attention, but I knew he wasn't going to be in the picture much longer.

Annabeth started to explain everything about the camp, and gods and a war and although it seemed ludicrous, it seemed to make sense. I found out that Will was a son of Apollo, which made his such a good healer, and everything seemed to be clicking into place. We finally stopped at the base of a hill, and I was being lead into a camp. My eyes widened as I stared around.

Then a symbol appeared above my head. Turns out I'm a daughter of Erida, goddess of hate, which could tie into why I had felt such hatred for Annabeth, although I still hadn't fully gotten over what she had done.

We made our way further into the camp, but I noticed that Will looked kind of nervous. A few campers greeted the three, as Annabeth pointed out all the godly cabins. Will's eyes seemed to linger on a certain darkly colour cabin, that I couldn't remember the gods name of. I think it started with H.

Two people ran towards us, a tall boy with dark hair, and a girl with little braids all though her hair. They seemed to be arguing and messing around, and hadn't noticed our group. Annabeth and Jason watched them for a moment, with endearing smiles, before Annabeth said,

"Hey Seaweed Brain."

The boy's head whipped around, and a large smile lit his face. "Wise Girl!" he cried and embraced Annabeth in a giant hug. The other girl seemed just as excited and pulled Jason in for a kiss. I saw that Annabeth was also lip locked with the dark haired boy who she referred to as 'Seaweed Brain'. I looked up at Will, and imagined how our reunions would be. Probably better that whatever Annabeth and 'Seaweed Brain' were doing.

The two couples finally broke, and I mentally rolled my eyes. Why were people just so stupid? Their love probably wouldn't even last into the next week. I just crossed my arms over my chest, getting slightly impatient. Nobody seemed to notice, all too wrapped up in greeting each other. Just when I was about to open my mouth, something gripped everyone's attention.

Turning around to look at whatever it might be, I was met with the sight of a dark haired boy rushing towards our group. I felt an immediate disliking for him, and that was before he practically threw himself into my soon to be boyfriend's arms. To my absolute horror, he pulled away to plant a small kiss on Will's lips. What was happening? How had he corrupted my perfect man?

"What's wrong with you?" piped up the girl tucked into Jason's side, eyeing me with a curious look.

"What are you talking about?" I said, feigning confusion.

She narrowed her eyes, her gaze changing into something else. "Honey, love and hate are the same thing, you can't have one without the other. You ain't fooling anyone."

I felt anger build inside me. How dare she judge me so? My face contorting into displeasure, I felt my muscles tense. Drawing back a leg, I aimed a kick as hard as I could at the dark haired boy, hitting him in the back of the legs making him fall forward. Will caught him, but I decided not to acknowledge that. Turning to face Annabeth, I raised a fist.

"You bitch. My father is dead because of you. You happy now?"

Before I could do much else, a force hit me on the back of my head, making me stumble, the world slowly dissolving. The last thing I heard before I completely blacked out was a new voice, all too loud and cheery saying, "Whatever you brought back, Annabeth, I think could rival the Ares cabin. And that's saying something."