Sally Jackson

• Dedicated to Diana Tao

I was baking blue cookies ready for Percy when the door bell rang.

“Coming.” I sang as a put the cookies in the oven and went to open the door.

“Hey Paul! Come in. Where’s Percy?” I usher my husband inside and close the door.

“He said he’d be here in a minute. He’s bringing a friend. Anyway. There something I wanted to tell you.” Just the doorbell rang again.

“Hold that thought” I said and ran to get the door. I opened it to find Percy and a girl. ANNABETH???

“Annabeth.” I cried and gave her a hug.

“Hi Sally.” She said pulling away from the hug. “Long time no see.”

“Annabeth! How are you? Why are you down here? Are you staying?”

“I'm good. I’m down here because my parents were being annoying and I don’t know if I’ll stay because I don’t have anywhere to stay.”

“Even though I said you were welcome to stay with us.” Said Percy.

“Well Percy is very right. You are more than welcome to stay with us Annabeth.” I said.

“Thanks Sally.” She said.

“Well anyway. Come in.” I said.

“Mum?” said Percy with a slight smile.

“Yes.” I said.

“Did you bake blue cookies?” he said with excitement. I laughed and said:

“You could smell out a dog you know Percy.”

“Thanks mum. But I really do like blue cookies. Especially chocolate chip ones.”

~~~~~~~~~~AFTER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~LE~~~~~~~~BEST~~~~~~~DINNER~~~~~EVER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So” I said. “Who’s picking the movie?”

“Me.” Said Percy. “I wanna watch ‘Help! I’m a fish, Finding Nemo or Shark Bait. Can we please do Finding Nemo?”

“Again.” I said.

“Yeah.”

“Very well.”

~~~~~~~~~~~MOVIE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got up to get some hot chocolate. When I got back I saw Annabeth had her head in Percy’s lap and Percy was playing with her hair.

“Paul?” I said.

“Yes.”

“What did you want to tell me before?”

“That.” He said nodding towards Percy and Annabeth. “I saw them kissing in the corridor.”