Chapter 39 - Night Terrors

NOT EDITED

I run down the dark hallway, looking left and right. My breathing is heavy as I try to decide which way to go. "Ah, fuck it." I whisper going left.

My bare feet slap against the cold wet floor of the underground warehouse.

"Ally...." his voice echoes throughout the halls. It bounces off the walls piercing my ear drums and I cover them with my hands.

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" He laughs manically and I squeeze my eyes closed. I turn around continuing to run, that is until I'm met with a dead end.

"O-Oh no. Shit!"

"There's my girl. I've been looking everywhere for you." He smirks and he starts to walk towards me down the long, dark, ominous hallway.

"You know, you're dumber than you look. You thought you could run from me? I told you, you can never get away from me. You're mine. Forever!" He shouts, running the edge of the knife against the wall as he keeps walking closer and closer.

"Please! Just leave me alone!" I beg sliding down onto the floor and trying to hide in the corner.

"That's the thing baby, I just," he pauses lifting my chin with the knife, "can't."

He pushes the blade into my neck slow and I can hear the skin crunch as he inches it further and further into me.

"This is what my heart feels like every time you try to leave!"

I cough and cough, each time blood pouring out. "P-Plea...." I try to finish.

He pulls the knife out and I feel relieved, until I see the knife coming my way and...

I jolt up in my bed screaming an ear piercing scream and my heart races. I grab my neck for any traces of a cut and find none. I'm covered in sweat and I look around to see that I am in my room.

"Ally! Sweetie, are you ok?" My mom hops off the floor and rushes to my side, hugging me. I breath heavily and she pushes my hair off of my sweaty forehead. "Sh, I'm here, baby girl."

I hold onto my mom for dear life and shake uncontrollably.

"It's been five months and I still can't get him out of my head! He's haunting me! And the worst part is, I can't stop loving him, mom." My voice cracks at the end. I am so weak, so fragile.

Five months. Five months since I last saw him and no one has heard from him since. He went M.I.A and I can't help but wonder where he is. I hate him for being such a psycho, but I love him for what he was before all of that.

"I don't want to love him because he is a monster. But he wasn't always a monster." I whisper and she hugs me tighter.

"I know, I know." She tried to comfort me but it doesn't work. It's been this way ever since I've been back home. Either sleepless nights, or nightmares and waking up and not being able to go back to sleep.

"Why were you on the floor?" I look up at her.

"You were kicking and hitting in your sleep again."

"I'm so s-sorry. I can't control it." I sob. My body continues to shake and I can't breath. He ruined me.

I hear my mom start to cry and we stayed like that for about an hour.

I laid back down, emotionless. I hate myself. I hate myself for loving such an asshole. Of course I would never go back to him, but that kind of love that I felt for him, it doesn't just go away. I don't even feel for Ashton anymore. As much as I want to, I just don't. I can't.