Chapter 27 - What's mine is.... m i n e.

Derrick's P.O.V

I unlock my door and walk in smiling to myself. The girl I've tried so hard to get back, is mine again. And this time, I have all of her.

"Baby!" Her squeaky voice interrupts my thoughts and I groan.

I plaster a fake smile on my face and walk towards the kitchen. "Hi, uh what are you doing?" I ask scratching the back of my neck.

"Oh, this?" She dumbly asks with a wave of her hand pointing to the feast on my table.

"Yeah, this."

"Well, you sounded, weird, on the phone. So I wanted to make you dinner because I'm sure you had a stressful night."

I smirk, thinking about lastnight. I think about the moans that left Ally's mouth every time I thrusted into her. The love we shared through every kiss. I clear my throat trying to rid myself of my dirty thoughts.

"Not stressful, more like exhausting." I hint trying to hide my cocky smirk.

"Either way, I made your favorite!" She squeals excitedly and she crosses the room, kissing my cheek.

I look down and sigh. "Just-, can you sit down for a minute please? We need to talk."

"Oh, uhm-," she looks back at the kitchen and turns back to me, " well there are rolls in the oven, but I guess they can sit for a couple more minutes." She smiles sweetly and sits down.

God, she is to nice for her own good. It makes the evident guilt in my chest grow even more. And it makes what I'm about to say even harder.

"Okay, this isn't easy for me to say. But let me start off by saying when I asked you to marry me I wasn't ready. I was going through some things and I guess I used you to take my mind off of them. I-"

"Stop." She interrupts holding up her hand. "Just stop." She folds her hands in her lap and sighs.  "I know. I knew you weren't ready."

"You knew? How?" I take a seat next to her and she looks up, her eyes glossy.

"You think I didn't notice the alcohol on your breath when you came home every night? Or the pictures in your closet of that girl you'd stare at in the middle of the night when you thought I was sleeping. I knew you weren't happy with me but I-I was blinded by my own fantasies. I was finally engaged to a guy that I thought might have loved me. I don't know it's stupid really-"

"Hey! That is not stupid. Don't think that. What's stupid is that I wasted your time when you could have been out there finding your real true love. As cheesy as that sounds.." She lightly laughs nodding looking down once more.

I bring my hand up to her cheek and she looks up at me. "I'm so sorry Angela. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry I couldn't love you like you wanted me to. I just can't stop thinking about her. She was the love of my life and-"

"You don't have to explain it to me. I'll find my true love. But, I don't want to stand in the way of yours. Everyone deserves to be happy, no matter what they've done to find that happiness. Well okay, to an extent." She chuckles and I laugh along with her.

"Even if we aren't in love, I still care deeply about you. I hope you know that." She leans into my hand that's still on her cheek.

"I do, Derrick. I do." She leans in and kisses my cheek. The oven dings and she gets up. "The rolls are done. There's no reason to waste this meal though. I mean we can eat, as friends." She smiles and I nod.