Chapter 36 - Dollhouse

•Not edited•

Get off of her!" His hands wrap around my neck and I wrap my small ones around his wrists.

"Let," I cough struggling to breath, "go!"

His face shows hatred and betrayal. But how have I betrayed him? By going to someone more superior? By getting help for his wrong doings?

"We need back up! We've got a twenty-fourteen!" I hear the guard shout into his walkie-talkie.

"You little bitch! Can't you see I love you? I've found a way to get out of here, don't think I won't do it again!" I hear a loud crack and I cover my face. He lets me go and I fall to the floor. I look up and see my uncle lying on the ground unconscious. The cop leans down and wraps his arms around me helping me up.

I shake in his arms and he shushes me. "It's okay," he says, "you're safe now."

I breath heavily looking up at him. "I'll never be safe."

- Two weeks earlier -

I sigh looking at myself in the mirror. I slowly glide my makeup brush across my cheek. I look down and stare at my legs. I trace the scars scattered all over them.

"You can do this. He did this to you, now you need to give him what he deserves." I whisper. I get up and walk into my closet.

I pull on a pair of black skinny jeans, a loose white shirt, and a long dusty pink blazer. I slip on a matching pair of dusty pink heels.

Lastly, I place my chunky diamond necklace around my neck. I spin in front of my mirror slowly making sure the blazer covers my butt, and that my shirt doesn't show an ounce of my skin.

"You look cute, but why aren't you wearing the outfit I set out for you, sweetie?"

I look at my mom through the mirror shrugging. "It showed to much leg. I don't want his wandering eyes creating images of what's under these clothes." I whisper. She walks up behind me and sets her chin on my shoulder.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean it's been months since you've last seen him, but this will be tough."

"I'm ready, Mom. He's trying to get out of prison. I need to make sure he stays there. For good." She nods, squeezing my shoulder. She hands me my black purse and grabs my hand.

"Okay then. Let's go, my brave girl."

*

"So what's going to happen is, they will call you to the stand. You will explain why he shouldn't be released. After that, he will give a speech on why he thinks he should be. The judge will decide from there." My lawyer explains and I breath in and out slowly. Ashton is standing next to me holding my hand.

He pulls me into him rubbing my shoulder trying to comfort me. So far, it's working. "Okay, okay. I can do this." I repeat over and over.

"Ally, I'm here for you. And the others are already in there waiting for you. Whenever you feel like you can't go on, just look at me. Okay?"

I nod and he kisses the top of my head. "Good luck, baby girl. You've got this." Butterflies erupt in my stomach as he smiles and walks away. I place a hand on my lower stomach hoping that'd make it chill the hell out.

"Is-Is he already in there?" My voice shakes with fear and I hate it.

She nods and I can't breath. She hands me my water and I chug it.